Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Video] End Of 2012 Strength Testing, Hi Everyone!

lerkevei

Howdy ho GB forum!

I'm here to introduce myself after having lurked these forums for some time now.
I'm 17 years old and I've been doing body-weight training for around 17 months. Exactly 6 weeks ago I realized I didn't have precise enough goals in my training, which I feel hindered my progress.

I made a program based on a set of very specific goals, and here I am, 6 weeks later with a video of today's workout in which I tested myself according to the goals. I'll just list the goals and where I was 6 weeks ago, and you can check out the vid to see the where I'm at now!

GOALS:
FSP: 10s Straddle BL | 10s 1/2 FL Retracted scap | 10s L-sit flat hands | 10s Tuck Planche | 20s HS
Pulling: 2 Muscle-ups
Pushing: 5 Wall-assisted HeSPU | Pain Free Dips
Legs: 110kg Front Squat
Grip: 10s Thumbs-under False Grip Dead Hang
BW: 88kg

6 WEEKS AGO:
FSP: 10s Adv. Tuck BL | 10s 1/2 FL Protracted scap | 10s L-sit on fingers| 10s Adv. Frog Stand | roughly 20s banana HS
Pulling: 0 Muscle-ups
Pushing: 2 Wall-assisted HeSPU | Unable to perform dips without pain
Legs: 100kg Front Squat
Grip: Able to hold a false grip with thumbs over bar, thumbs under bar very difficult
BW: 84.5kg

NOW:

I've recently developed the feeling that it's time to involve myself more in the whole body-weight community and not just be a passive reader. That's why I'm posting this here, and also, to hopefully get some advice on my execution of the different movements, or just any feedback you can think of really! Thanks a bunch for taking time to read this. I'd very much appreciate any response!

Notes:
*discovered that 10s in my head while doing FSP is more like 5-6s in real time, taking note of this moving forward with FSP.
*didn't film squats, failed on PR, 100kg still stands as best.
*didn't film dips, no improvements in strength or pain.
*whey-in: 86.6kg
*bonus clip: one arm hang 30kg added weight.
*have a nice day!

Jean-Rene Losier

Have you gone through being able to hold the FSPs for 60 seconds before moving forward? I just get the feeling that you have a weak foundation. Not trying to insult you or anything and I ain't no expert, but your levers aren't parellel to the ground yet, and you're trying to do straddle BL and one leg straight FL. Probably should keep with the Flat tuck for a bit and learn to keep your back flat and parallel to the ground. Sure they're not as flashy but when you can keep do these for 60 seconds your straddle levers will look sweet!

Your HS and L-sit looked solid though.

BTW, that pull up machine looks unstable as hell, I wouldn't be caught doing kipping muscle ups on that thing from fear that it would fall on me lol.

Have a good one dude!

I totally get what you're saying. I'm taking a "freestyle" training week at the moment before starting my new program, but moving forward now I think I'm going to stay at advanced tuck for FL and tuck or advanced tuck for BL.

It's strange, sometimes I feel very secure and powerful in advanced tuck BL, then there are days (probably the majority) where it's very hard, so hard that it's not suited for FSP, which should be relatively easy, right? When it comes FL my strength isn't that up and down between days.

I want to continue exploring muscle-ups and handstands (hspu eventually), I haven't been doing handstands much apart from FSP which is only 4 times per week, with that in mind I think I can improve my HS if I do some work on it daily.

thanks for the input :) really appreciate it!