Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gb Wod For Earn Muscle Mass

Clément POIRET

Clément POIRET
Hello all :)

Well, I have a question, I will have rings and parallettes. I also have all the books of Vass TheSuperSaiyan, Overcoming Gravity, Convict Conditioning (1,2 SuperFAQ), and Building The Gymnastic Body, Raising The Bar (by Al Kavadlo) strengt Training Anatomy (by Frederic Delavier) Lafay methods and various books of Turbulence Training.

I read most of these books and they all converge to almost the same type of WOD. However, even if I have more than a year of experience, having been assisted by the method Lafay does not help me to know how to design my own WOD correctly so I turned to the WOD of GymnasticBodies.

Are they good for earn muscle mass ?

thank you,

Clement.

PS : Sorry for my English, I'm French ;)
  • Upvote 2

Clément POIRET

Thanks :) And I've an other question, I'm new so I have not seen all the WOD, but I do not see any particular exercise for biceps like Pull Ups or Muscle Ups. Is there exercice look like PU and MU ?

Boban Ilievski

You've missed them. There are plenty of biceps exercises in the WOD, including pullups & muscleups + fl pulls, fl rows, one arm chinups etc. Plus the straight arm biceps work. The beauty of gymnastics is that for the most of the exercises you are using almost all of your muscles - there are no isolation exercises.

Clément POIRET

Okay Thanks Bodan :) And by what WOD must I start ? 

I do bodyweight training for 1 year but I've started skill's training for only 6 months.

Boban Ilievski

Just go here: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum/21-workout-of-the-day/

They are for a 4 day a week schedule, and are posted every mon,tue,thu & fri. The last one was posted yesterday Wod 121228. You can either start from the one that will be posted on monday, or start from one week earlier (121224). Read the FAQ there: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/994-wod-faq/

Daniel Burnham

Honestly Pullups and Muscle ups aren't really that bicep intensive.  My biceps didn't start to grow until I got into more straight arm work.  

Daniel Burnham
With which skill your biceps are developed Daniel ?

You should not try to copy the exercises that I do because it could cause a great deal of damage to someone who has not been properly prepared for them.  I am very careful about how I use straight arm work because I am new to it and know that it can lead to injury when programmed or performed improperly.  

When you start off doing the GB program you should focus on the progressions that coach has prescribed.  Trust me, following these exercises and not trying to skip ahead will lead to a great physique including big biceps as long as your nutrition allows it.

For now focus on the level you are capable of.  Most people will even see bicep growth with support holds on rings.  If bicep growth is your major goal, feel free to add some bicep curls or work on the inverted pull-up if you can. Just trust me when I say the growth and strength will come in time and fairly quickly if you follow the program.

The main point of my post above was to let you know that chinups specifically do not give a GREAT deal of hypertrophy, though they do brings some.  I have found that this is a common misconception for people who switch to bodyweight exercises.  They assume that chinups give big biceps when they see gymnasts doing a lot of pulling.  This is probably due to a misunderstanding of the Gymnastic Strength Training™.

• Upvote 1

Clément POIRET
Thanks for your answer Daniel :)

But when you say "the GB program", are you talking about the WODs on the forum or Building The Gymnastic Body ?

Daniel Burnham

Both are a part of the GB program.  The wods are sometimes difficult to a beginner and many find the kilroy template to be easier.  Either way you need the book to either scale the wods or figure out how to populate the kilroy program.  

Note the kilroy template is not an "official" GB workout but it has been endorsed by many of the moderators as a good program for beginners.  I also found it helpful when I first started.

Clément POIRET

Today I did the WOD 121231 and I find it very easy, except the Stall Bar RLL (it was the first time I've done that)
So must I do BtGB ?

Daniel Burnham

I strongly recommend it.  It gives a description of how to perform the exercises that are in the WODs.  Otherwise you may be doing some of the exercises wrong and not realize it. I consider it a necessity and refer back to it often.

Clément POIRET

Okay thanks :) For the execution of the exercises, I do bodyweight bodybuilding for 1 year but here we have many new exercises so it's possible that I'm doing them wrong.

Joshua Naterman

I HOPE that was an easy workout, that was a very easy WOD. Follow them for at least 1-2 weeks as they come out, and see how you feel about them. You may not know what to do without the book, though.

Clément POIRET

Ok I will do that but I don't have rings now :/

I've the book but I've have a question : muscle ups training is on pulling or pressing day ? This is not on BtGB.

Ok I will do that but I don't have rings now :/

I've the book but I've have a question : muscle ups training is on pulling or pressing day ? This is not on BtGB.

Muscle up's will occur in the WOD usually on ring strength days and sometimes on embedded cycle days.

Examples:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9488-wod-121217/

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9467-wod-121214/