Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

V Sit and Book question

Ricky Dawson

Hi All,

First off, may i say i love the book and am already enjoying adding new exercises to my training. My question is purely from an interest point of view (as i have loads to be getting on with :) ) is:

Why is there no training for the V-sit?

I'm working on my straddle L which i love and hope to be able to pull off in the future and hopefully one day start working towards the Manna. I presumed the the V-sit would be an 'in the middle' hold in terms of difficulty. Harder than the L but not as hard as the Manna. Is it the case of if you can do a Manna a V-sit will also come or is there another reason for this?

Maybe only the Coach would be able to answer this.

I continue to see gains in my strength and skill development and am really enjoying this forum and the book.

Long may it continue. Ricky, London, England.

Richard Duelley

The V-sit training isnt specifically labeled but check out the Core section. Particularly the 'L-Sit Lift' page 124-125. This looks like the progression for a V-sit to me. If you cant do the entire L-sit lift it is suggested that you do it in a tuck or straddled position.

About the manna and the V-sit. . .at the bottom of page 35 onto page 36 Coach explains the relationship between the V-sit and the manna.

I think that as your L-sit gets stronger (and your pike flexibility increases) you will eventually build up to a V-sit. This is at least what I have been noticing with my own training.

When trained as a skill in isolation rather than as part of a progressive sequence, it is possible to develop a V-sit and yet to have developed it in such a way that it is in no way helpful for the future development of a manna. By following the manna progressions based on the MSH variations, the V-sit will naturally be developed along the way toward attaining the manna.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you both for the replies.

Once again, would like to emphasise how much i'm enjoying the book it has given my training new life.

Ricky, London, England