Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One Arm Front Lever Difficulty Rating?

ngoachoi

Yeah, the shoulders would have to be very highly conditioned to do it, but I'm sure if there is someone who could do all 3 one arm levers perfectly then their shoulders can probably handle it. It can be thought of as a OA 360 pull, but rotating on a different axis. This move is where your body stays horizontal in a lever the whole time while rotating the body sort of like how you can rotate your torso up or down in a horizontal human flag. The theoretical OA 360 pull you were talking about is probably even harder.

You can even train OABL this way by starting in the sideways OAFL and rotating the body more down to as far as you go before eventually being strong enough to get to a perfect OABL if you have the sideways OAFL, but not the OABL. This should also work for training the other OAFL too if you rotate body upwards. I'd imagine this method is not better than lowering from reverse meathook and meathook for training the OABL and 'body up' OAFL respectively though.

couldnt you try going from a front lever letting going with one arm and doing negatives in the one arm position?  or perhaps do assisted OAFL?  so use one arm to hold while the other only uses a couple of fingers and then continue to lessen the assistance? something like that. could do the same thing while doing front lever rows.

Word. What I initially thought you meant was going from say OAFL, lower through OA dead hang, some sort of a one arm inlocate transition, pull to OABL. If that makes sense. You could also do it from OABL. The shoulder conditioning as well as total body (shoulder girdle!) strength requirements would be off the charts.

My move is still pretty hard on the shoulders. You would inlocate to the OABL from a side-ish OAFL while never dropping below horizontal the whole time.

I don't think dropping from OAFL to OA deadhang and OA inlocate back pull to OABL would make the shoulder strength requirements off charts like what you say because its ROM is a lot less than OA 360 pulls where you would be pulling from hang to inverted hang on either side. I've seen people OA front pull to OAFL from hang so a OA back pull to OABL should be a bit easier and I believe it only requires a bit more strength than a 2 second static OA front/back lever to do a front/back pull half. Now if it was the OA 360 pull or a full ROM OA front/back pull then the shoulder conditioning and strength would be pretty much off the charts.

couldnt you try going from a front lever letting going with one arm and doing negatives in the one arm position?  or perhaps do assisted OAFL?  so use one arm to hold while the other only uses a couple of fingers and then continue to lessen the assistance? something like that. could do the same thing while doing front lever rows.

You could train it like that. I prefer to jump or lift up to a tuck OAFL and hold for time. I think the best way is lowering slowly from meathook. I think you can also train it with the move I thought of by starting from a sideways OAFL and then rotating the body upward as close as you can get into a perfect 'chest up' OAFL (can be done in tuck, adv tuck, etc).

• 8 months later...

Well this is kind of bumping this topic but I figured I would give some update video's of vadim oleynik and some others from Odessa Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29mF32Qk44

@1:23 in that video is a pretty nice OAFL

also this guy can do a perfect one and a OAFL pull up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95wTbN-bUCI

@2:00

However he is crippled but you have to hand it to the guy for making good use of his time :)