Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Straddle Press Handstand Problems

Deadlocked007

Craig Rackemann

On the full site, all of Coach's old tutorials are in the blog section. Just click blog at the top of the page and then the handstand category link on the right hand menu.

I'm not sure how to get to these on the mobile site.

There is no Press HS article on the blog that contains progressions. Just the straddle press HS tutorial.

I'm sure it will be in the Handstand book when it comes out.....

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Burnham

"I got the idea here: http://www.fedec.eu/datas/files/m6(uk).pdf (A fantastic hand balancing resource)

Page 6. "Straddle fold on hands, against wall"

Although finding the pdf I am finding it difficult to picture the move.. Are you back or chest to the wall?? How far from the wall for your hands etc?? Could you enlighten me??

The PDF didn't open for me but I assume its just the straddle press with back against the wall. Its a pretty common progression to increase lower back strength and get a feel for the movement.

So like I said put back on the wall.  Hand position should be as close to the wall as you can.  This controls how much pressure you put against the wall during the lift.  Try to decrease the amount as you move on otherwise you will planche to much when you move it to free standing.