Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hspu

Alen Buljubasic

Alen Buljubasic

i got one question...is it necessary to increase my range of motion from hespu to hspu if i can do free handstand pushups on the floor. i can do much of them (about 3 then i lose my balance) because i really want to concentrate on planche and i thought i should just start my workout with a couple of sets of freehandstand pushups and then continue with training for planche.

Alen Buljubasic

because planche is more important to me...it will take more time to achieve it that way (and on the first post i didnt mean i can do much of them but i cant do much of them :D ) i was just thinking that maybe if i learn the planche and freehandstand pushups then i would also probably get the strength to do the hspu

Alen Buljubasic

i know coach i didn't mean i would get the strength to do them on the floor but on paralell bars. cause lets say now i can do them but not that many (2-4 it depends on the day)and i never did them in my life, oh and i do them on the wall because floor balancing and bars balancing its a whole new story for me. wont my planche training and freehandstand pushups increase that number anyway? and all i have to then is learn how to balance on bars

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

First you have to learn how to balance on your hands flat on the ground. How long do you hold a freestanding HS? Correct body alignment on it?

Besides, before thinking about HSPU and increase ROM, perform 3-4 reps of a FreestandingHSPU it's not enought volume of work to begin with HSPU with more ROM, in my opinion. I think you have to build more strenght (and balance) foundation before working on harder skills.

If you upload a video and your actual freestanding HSPU on floor is excellent, I shout my mouth and I would tell you that keep working on it trying increase more quality reps.

For the planche, like Rik de Kort says, you can train both if you want; are totally different objetives, and one of them can be affected by the other one, above all performing both at the same workout if your objetive is planche... not put strenght work before FSP, btw.

I hope it helps.

Karri Kytömaa

Hey, you are the one to pick your goals and if you know how to program to progress faster to your specific goals, good for you.

It would be different if your goals were something to cause asymmetry and possible problems but this isn't one of those cases.

So focus on planche if you like, HSPUs will wait you :) However I doubt planche really helps at all with HSPUs, the movement is so totally different.

Alen Buljubasic

thank you for all the answers, really helpfull. I really liked your answer flameous i guess our journey in calisthenics doesnt have to be the same for everyone... the reason i asked this question is because im stuck at the tuck planche for at least 5 months now. but its true that i've been training everything. so far i achieved FL and BL, freehandstand for about 30-40 seconds (not perfect alignment but improving)...anyway everything went up just my tuck planche is litteraly the same as it was. i remember when i first started to train for planche when i got to tuck position and hold it for about 10 seconds as soon as i let go i felt pain in my shoulders. and in five months the only difference is that i dont feel this pain but im still at the same old tuck planche....im motivated by progress and planche isnt motivating me :D

thank you for all the answers, really helpfull. I really liked your answer flameous i guess our journey in calisthenics doesnt have to be the same for everyone... the reason i asked this question is because im stuck at the tuck planche for at least 5 months now. but its true that i've been training everything. so far i achieved FL and BL, freehandstand for about 30-40 seconds (not perfect alignment but improving)...anyway everything went up just my tuck planche is litteraly the same as it was. i remember when i first started to train for planche when i got to tuck position and hold it for about 10 seconds as soon as i let go i felt pain in my shoulders. and in five months the only difference is that i dont feel this pain but im still at the same old tuck planche....im motivated by progress and planche isnt motivating me :D

Not feeling pain is progress. It may seem like a little thing but progress is progress. Don't let it get to you.