Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Website Bugs

Coach Sommer

In the process of converting to the new forum software, we have had a few glitches. If you find anything broken, please report it here or file a report. We are working to resolve these.

Known Bugs:

-Broken Youtube tag on old forum posts
-"Previous" button on blog returns to first page
-Some Graduate Studies members have lost access
-Security certificate "warning" on some pages
-Facebook login gives error for some people
-Internet Explorer 8/9 CSS compatibility
-Some of Coach's previous posts do not come up in search.

Additionally, if you are reading this and cannot log into your account, please email Cory. Webmaster@gymnasticbodies.com

Johann Wimmer

I had to reset my password - I log in with a password manager, but the forum gave me a "incorrect password" error.

But now I can confirm that the password reset process works flawlessly :)

Paul Richards

Visually this looks nice. But I can't find an equivalent to "Show new posts" that directly lists new/recent posts (the sidebar shows recent topics but then you have to look for the newest posting). Am I missing something?

Not sure if this has been resolved already, but the security certificate needed updating. Firefox gave me a warning about that.

Robert Del Popolo

Not really a bug but a typo, On the front page it says "six pac abs" and I believe its written pack, just something I saw, the text below is where I got it from.

For a winning body, you need an Olympic-caliber program. Six pac abs, bulging biceps, and sculpted shoulders are only some of what Gymnastic Strength Training™ offers.

If you put in the time, diligence, and hard work, we promise results. Results with a full money-backguarantee.

Apart from that everything is great, love the reply box and all the addons especially the ease of access. I have had no problems with the forum or graduate studies.

The only technical bug I see right now is that the site is not showing up as safe and keeps telling me if Im sure that I want to enter,I believe this is google re-indexing.

Thanks for the awesome mobile page, it looks great and performs great too.

Finally, Im nobody to question a design choice, however I hope youll change the font for the website (im refering to the times new roman).

Thanks

Another reason why BtGB is such a great service

Visually this looks nice. But I can't find an equivalent to "Show new posts" that directly lists new/recent posts (the sidebar shows recent topics but then you have to look for the newest posting). Am I missing something?

I also used the 'view active topics' quite a lot. It maybe that this forum software doesn't offer that feature. (Or I'm missing something too!)

I'm not seeing any embedded youtube videos anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Known issue, Cory's going to have fun fixing it.

Cory once the Mod CP is up, I'm sure we can help.

Not a forum bug, but there is a typo on the front page.

-Emoticon selections not displaying pictures. (Could be for Safari users)

What's the typo Nic. What's the front page for that matter?

I'm getting emoticons on Safari running on an iMac with Mountain Lion. :P

Theodore Bushnell

Looking at today's WOD the text that are hyperlinks are about the same color as the background and are therefore very hard to see. Overall the site looks great, thanks coach.

Cheers

Ted

I also used the 'view active topics' quite a lot. It maybe that this forum software doesn't offer that feature. (Or I'm missing something too!)

So did I! I used both "View new posts" and "View active posts" a lot.

I hope both of these can come back. They are really useful!

• Upvote 1

Quick Start Test Smith

tbushnel, agreed. Perhaps link text should be the GB gold color?

So did I! I used both "View new posts" and "View active posts" a lot.

I hope both of these can come back. They are really useful!

Never used "View Active Posts" but "View new Posts" has always been very helpful for me.

I'll work to make it more visible once the more critical bugs have been resolved. Thanks for being patient.

Rob--Same with the font. I'll see about changing it from the default.

Working on the SSL issue.

tbushnel, agreed. Perhaps link text should be the GB gold color?

Never used "View Active Posts" but "View new Posts" has always been very helpful for me.

Ok, it seems to only do this on posts brought over from the old forums. New links work fine and show as gold. I'll work to get the old link color fixed.

• Upvote 1

Larry Roseman

Using IE 9 on Windows 7.

The reply feature is not working very well for me. The message box is all dark. Eventually I had to press other reply options and am able to.

Also the "only secure content will be displayed" popup always appears on the bottom of every page.

I tried adding the site as a trusted site however did not avoid that message. Are you aware of a setting that can be adjusted to avoid that? Is https actually needed for gymnastics information?

The multi-quote is nice. I don't use the social tool bar features (anti-social I guess) and they do add time

to the because load because they occur on every refresh. On the 2 gb 1.6ghz netbook there is a noticiable lag.

Too bad it can't just be loaded once when coming to the site.

Using IE 9 on Windows 7.

The reply feature is not working very well for me. The message box is all dark. Eventually I had to press other reply options and am able to.

Also the "only secure content will be displayed" popup always appears on the bottom of every page.

I tried adding the site as a trusted site however did not avoid that message. Are you aware of a setting that can be adjusted to avoid that? Is https actually needed for gymnastics information?

The multi-quote is nice. I don't use the social tool bar features (anti-social I guess) and they do add time

to the because load because they occur on every refresh. On the 2 gb 1.6ghz netbook there is a noticiable lag.

Too bad it can't just be loaded once when coming to the site.

I'm working on the SSL. The new store links with the forum, so it is unfortunately necessary for the certificate.

WIth the reply button, it's an issue with IE and css. I'll see about a workaround.

I'll see about server caching the social bar.

• Upvote 1

WIth the reply button, it's an issue with IE and css. I'll see about a workaround.

IE mucking up stuff again... why can't Microsoft make a standard-compliant browser for once?

New site looks slick! One thing I noticed though is that the headings on the main page include only "Products, Forum, Success Stories, WOD, Home." Only when you click on one of those links do the other headings "Gallery, Blog, Members, About" appear. Maybe those should all be visible from the home page? Or at least the gallery/blog links...

Keep up the great work guys :)

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

is the facebook plugin working correctly?

i can't access log in via facebook....

thanks for the new GB!!!!

is the facebook plugin working correctly?

i can't access log in via facebook....

thanks for the new GB!!!!

Is your Facebook email the same as your forum one? If so, did you get an error of some sort?

Works for me at least, lets get yours fixed.

Is your Facebook email the same as your forum one? If so, did you get an error of some sort?

Works for me at least, lets get yours fixed.

yes, the mail is the same in both accounts....

it gives me a screen that mentions:

"there has been an error. Please try it later."

yes, the mail is the same in both accounts....

it gives me a screen that mentions:

"there has been an error. Please try it later."

Try now.

Try now.

Nope, nothing changed...

i'll try when getting back from work

Thanks Cory!

Nope, nothing changed...

i'll try when getting back from work

Thanks Cory!

Odd, get a screenshot if you can and try from a different computer to see if you get the same thing.

Adam Bodestyne

The '100% money back gAUrantee' image on the front page has a typo in 'guarantee.'

I'm getting 'An error occurred. Please try again later.' on facebook if I try to connect my facebook account.

Otherwise, it looks good! It even still seems to be navigable in my text browser, w3m, which I'm sure wasn't a requirement of the website ever, but it's just nice that that hasn't broken for me. (c:

Also, the mobile version of the forum looks good, and seems to work fine, too.

Just generally navigating the website seems to be working. Will keep poking at random things and seeing if anything else breaks.

Craig Mallett

site looks great viewing on my htc onexl using chrome for android and the mobile skin isnt loading. might be to do with my settings, but the full site buttons are a bit bugged and jump around and overlay when viewing from my phone.

thanks for all the hard work !

site looks great viewing on my htc onexl using chrome for android and the mobile skin isnt loading. might be to do with my settings, but the full site buttons are a bit bugged and jump around and overlay when viewing from my phone.

thanks for all the hard work !

Is chrome set to desktop mode or normal? I'll see if I can run an emulator to replicate it. Of course a screenshot always helps :)

I noticed two things, while searching for the easter egg:

1) The 'Dynamic Strength' forum title has been changed to 'Movement'. I thought this was a little strange and misleading, so it probably wasn't intentional? But, lol, it reminded me of Ido Portal :lol: Also, 'Basic Strength' is retitled as 'Foundation', but that seemed more purposeful to me.

2) I can't search through old posts. Like if I go to Coach Sommer's profile, it says he has been a member since 19 Oct 2012, so none of his old posts show up in a list. I thought this was a little disappointing, since I have made it a habit of going through his posts in order since 2008. I finally got to page 86...hehe. Is this just a consequence of the new website server?