Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

43 year old gives review of "THE BOOK"

kevp951

Hi everybody, I got my book "Building The Gymnastic Body" Mon Nov 24 2008. I have been training sporadically with Coach Sommers info I found on this site for several months now while waiting on this book. So far my gains have at least forced a metabolic change in my body. I find the book easy to understand. Best of all I love the rating system. I want to know which L-sit variation to work first, and then what to move onto next and this design makes it easy. I think in a chemistry lab all day. I don't want to have to think hard to do a workout, so this is great! The exercises go from a novice wanna be gymnast (yeah, that's me) and you can stack and combine them to what I would consider advanced, although a lot of pro gymnasts might say advanced intermediate. Anyway today is Wed Nov 25 and I have skipped open gym tonight to finish my first reading and now I'm on a second reading of my favorite areas and selecting my choices for my Steady State Training Cycle. I have a goal set for a July 2009 posting on this website, but for now I can't back up the talk, so I won't disclose what it might be :) I'm just gonna quietly sign off and slip out to the garage to my bucket circle device and work on implementing the great tips I have received from you all regarding proper use of the bucket circle device. P.S. people at work today said that when i whipped the book out to show them today that after giving them a 1 second glance i snatched it back to my body and tucked it away like some kind of treasure :) I waited a LONG time for this book and I give it 5 of the Hanging Gymnasts from the book rating system (A PERFECT SCORE) because it would be very difficult to beat this book for its intended strength foundation goals... 43 year old signing off, bucket device is waiting! keep the help/tips coming at me in the digital coaching section. thanks, kev