Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xtreme Rings - The Single Greatest Upper Body Tool Ever!

Coach Sommer

7c3b_1.JPG

Rings are indeed the single greatest tool ever made for developing upper body strength. They are also the only piece of equipment that is absolutely essential in your Gymnastic Strength Training™.

The Xtreme Rings are gymnastics rings that have been especially designed for fitness & strength training. ALOT of work and development went into designing conditioning rings that would meet Coach Sommer’s own demanding standards. They are enormously strong, durable, lightweight, portable, incredibly versatile and adjust in seconds, making them perfect for bringing the world of Gymnastic Strength Training™ into your own workouts at the gym, at home or even outside! Xtreme Rings can be used anywhere there is any kind of an overhead support (high bar, chin-up bar, or even a tree branch). These are the same rings that Coach Sommer uses daily to condition his own Champion athletes and that appear many times throughout the pages of this website. Included with each order of Xtreme Rings: 2 Black Xtreme Rings and 2 Black straps with adjustable cam buckles.

The rings themselves are black, textured and made of a high impact polycarbonate resin, the same material that competitive gymnastics rings are made out of. This allows them to be very lightweight and yet still extremely strong; rated at over 1000lbs!

The strap cam buckles are specially designed to adjust strap length within seconds - this is a very nice feature; no more wrestling with d-rings. The straps are a black high tensile strength nylon and extra long (18') to accommodate handstand work (Yes, there is a lot of handstand and press handstand work in the forthcoming Gymnastic Bodies program. Don't worry, I will teach you.8)). They also come with velcro stays to control extra strap length.

The popularity of the Xtreme Rings has exploded both nationally and internationally. Currently in use in 28 countries around the world, they are exclusively available through Gymnastic Bodies. Please visit the GymnasticBodies.com online store for additional information on how to purchase your own set and begin building your own gymnastic body today!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p.s. It should be noted that while these are actual gymnastics conditioning rings, they are not however intended to be used for gymnastics swinging elements; but are designed solely for Gymnastic Strength Training™.

Hi Coach.

I've got a little question about the rings.

I bought mine on www.ringtraining.com, they're called "Elite Rings".

What do you think, are they suitable to follow training which you described in your book ?

Good morning, koopciuch.

Yes, the Elite Rings are a fine product and will work well for you.

I, of course, prefer my own design as the tabs on the sides of the Elite Rings considerably slow down transition time when removing the straps from the rings. The Xtreme Rings, in addition to being excellent conditioning rings, have also been specifically designed to easily allow the straps to be used with some of the other specialized training attachments (Shhh - they're a secret) that I will be making available later this year.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hi-

I'd love to buy a set of the Xtreme Rings but I don't "do" PayPal and that is the only way to buy things on EBay. Will the sale price still be offered to those of us who wish to pay by other means and not risk identity theft?

Can't wait to get started on your programs!

Wish these were easily available in the UK 30 dollars is the normal postage for anything from the states a bit to steep for me as skint as I am :(

Coach Sommer do you have a picture of the whole ring set up? I would like to see the buckle, etc. I already have some elite rings but may want to purchase some of yours since they are discounted so well right now.

Casey

I never really bought into these rings, or the elite rings, I simply found a fishing website got myself some lexan rings and webbing and hooked the rings outside under my awning.

These are a great idea though, rings are a upper body workout, you will see improvements really fast, you earn lots of respect for gymnast after you try some stuff on the rings.

Thanks kbryk. I've yet to look at a fishing or boat store for rings and straps. My attempts at the local hardware stores have been a failure.

While I could just order rings and save myself the hassle, I was trying to see if I could save some bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

i want to get the gold strapped rings 8) . But i was wondering if anyone has bought (or brought?) them? and if the straps get dirty easily?

John Sapinoso

i just ordered these,

a bunch of fat kids broke ours the other day haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just received my Xtreme Rings today,

I'm new at this so I would like to know how to use these safely.

How do I use the buckle, and attach it to something overhead?

I'm intending to use either beams or trees etc.

Maybe a power rack to start off with.

Main question, how does the buckle work?

Thanks

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

How much is it to get these shipped to the UK?

Ebay says $40 shipping, the rings only cost $50 though! The description says international shipping is $20, or is this just to canada?

And the online store on here doesn't work

I really want a pair of these :D

George Launchbury

Hi finn,

How much is it to get these shipped to the UK?

Ebay says $40 shipping, the rings only cost $50 though! The description says international shipping is $20, or is this just to canada?

And the online store on here doesn't work

I really want a pair of these :D

I had a look through ebay.co.uk, and did a search for 'xtreme rings' which also brought up the products. The site converted the price of the item automatically to approximately £25.17 and stated shipping as $37.00, which converts roughly to £18.64.

Currently there are two items on eBay, the two different coloured straps, and there is no mention of international shipping for $20 on the page for either item (either .co.uk, or .com), so not sure where you read that??

I looked at 'Show all available' under shipping, which came back with these:

US $8.95 . . . . United States

US $23.00 . . . Canada

US $37.00 . . . Worldwide

US $23.00 . . . . Mexico

I remember looking into this on the USPS site while buying something in the past, and the $37.00 price quoted is the USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box with nothing added on to cover packaging, time or effort.

Hope this helps in some way,

George.

P.s. Anyone reading this in the future should note that currency conversions rates and prices are only correct at the time of me writing this, and even then only to the best of my knowledge!! :)

• 1 month later...
Edward Smith

I ordered my rings on tuesday, hopefully they'll get here by the end of next week :D

Edward Smith

also coach I just read about the blemishes in the finish is that just for the black rings? and if it is for both then will mine be (blemished)?

I do not particulary care if they are, like you said it's just cosmetic. Thank you coach for being so professional about this,

Ed

• 1 month later...

WOW Coach! I am kind of glad I waited to buy my new rings. I am going to buy them RIGHT NOW.

Thanks for the offer!

• 3 weeks later...

Approximately when will the Pre-Arrival Sale Xtreme Rings be shipped to those who have purchased them? You first posted about the sale on June 17th and mentioned an arrival time of about three weeks, which would mean they should start shipping early next week. Is that still the case?

Gittit Shwartz

Oh no! The rings are all gone on ebay!

Coach, when will it be possible to order Xtreme rings again?

I think that just means that there are none left for the pre-arrival sale. I'm sure you can order when the shipment comes in, or at least when the next shipment does.

Coach Sommer

I am currently at the Olympic Training Center for a junior national team training camp. As such, I only check the status of the ebay store once or twice a day. I have now renewed the available stock.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is there a date at which you are expecting the new shipment of rings to come in? I'm just eager to receive them. Also, I sent you an e-mail regarding a possible error in the shipping address... It was actually submitted correctly but for some reason the invoice thing shows a different address.

Is there a date at which you are expecting the new shipment of rings to come in? I'm just eager to receive them. Also, I sent you an e-mail regarding a possible error in the shipping address... It was actually submitted correctly but for some reason the invoice thing shows a different address.

jparkdzg, I received an email from Coach stating that the rings were due in this week. Realisticly this is out of his control, but I am very anxious as well as you areto receive my rings.