Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Replacing Dynamic Leg WOD

Romain Laine

Hi dear GB members !

I would like an advice about a good substitute for the dynamic Leg workout (jumps, sprints...).

The problem :

- I live in a appartment and train early in the morning. My neighbours won't appreciate to ear me jumping at 6am. The only thing I can do outside is running (no place to hang rings...)

- I have started training Ballet 8 months ago (at 26yo... that's what we called a late starter :facepalm: ) : I train 3 times a week and do quite a lot of basic jumps.

My training week looks like :

Mon: GB WOD (am)

Tue: GB WOD (am) / 1H30 of ballet (pm)

Wed: hill sprints (am)

Thur: GB WOD (am) / 1H of ballet (pm)

Fri: GB WOD (am)

Sat: 1H30 of ballet (12 noon)

Sun: rest

+ I have some free time I work on flexibility, basic Floreio movements or learning Equilibre for fun (unfortunately free time is a luxury)

So what do you advice ? working on basic leg strength ? Working on flexibilty ? ( I am far from being able to do the splits or a decent bridge)

I have decided to use the GB wod as my main strength workouts hopping that it will help me master my body and... lift the girls ! :D

Thanks a lot !

MrBrator

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try kettlebell swings. They take care of your legs' explosiveness beside other benefits. If you do not drop it, it won't disturb your neighbors. Learn the perfect technic, before you go hardcore.

• Upvote 1

Yep, KB swings would be fine. Hill sprints and ballet will substitute it fine.

To be honest...the only thing taxing about the DyLeg WOD's is the glute-ham work. Or maybe doing those plyos with front tucks across the floor and jumps over the blocks. I forget the name, "Senders?"

Thank you for the link. I will give a try to the "Harop Curl" variations as I am not yet strong enough for GHR.

Try kettlebell swings. They take care of your legs' explosiveness beside other benefits. If you do not drop it, it won't disturb your neighbors. Learn the perfect technic, before you go hardcore.

It's a good idea thanks ! I will educate myself about the proper form and see if I can build something like this :

Ross Enamait - T-Handle

Yep, KB swings would be fine. Hill sprints and ballet will substitute it fine.

To be honest...the only thing taxing about the DyLeg WOD's is the glute-ham work. Or maybe doing those plyos with front tucks across the floor and jumps over the blocks. I forget the name, "Senders?"

Unfortunately I can't do senders in my appartment.

You're right about the fact that glute-ham work is the most taxing part of the WOD (at least for me).

I am still a beginner in both dancing and gymnastic conditioning that's probably the reason why I can't yet do much leg training. I think that I will have to be patient and adapt my training very gradualy :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Larry Roseman

With your ballet and hill sprints 4x/week I'd wonder if you even need a WOD for legs. When it comes around IMO you are better off passing.

With your ballet and hill sprints 4x/week I'd wonder if you even need a WOD for legs. When it comes around IMO you are better off passing.

You're right : even without doing the dynamic leg workout I was still doing too much : my legs were always sore from the ballet & Hill sprints. I have decided to decrease my training intensity and removed the hill sprints. I don't want to injure myself due to lack of recovery so I will get back to a basic Killroy template (without the leg training) + ballet for the moment :)