Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basic Bucket Circle Training Tips

Coach Sommer

... at first i simply thought i needed to let more string out. but when i let more string out, the bucket scrapped the floor ...

You are sitting up too straight. In order to elevate the height of your circles you will need to:

1) lean more to the sides while maintaining a straight body.

2) swing faster.

3) do both at the same.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 2 months later...

Coach/All,

Four days ago I began doing bucket circles, and am already able to swing both directions at least twenty or more times fluidly. Although I find this to be an excellent strength/conditioning workout at this point, I am curious what other variations can be done with the bucket. Any advice/tips/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rambro

• 1 year later...
jollyrancher

Nice little pun, Coach...

"Bucket circles, as well as circles in general, can be rather complicated initially to get a handle on."

Ha ha.

well Rambro, you can work spindles and moores, baileys, etc in bucket. fun to play with.

• 5 months later...

Coach,

Do you plan to write some progressions in any of your books? I'm desperate to get my circles...

I've been trying them for 2 years now :shock: , and I'm getting no progress whatsoever :? ... I guess my coach sucks bad. He just tells me (and I quote): "Just try to do one circle, again and again, you'll eventually get one." :roll: He doesn't even explain them to me!

I've also insisted on bucket circle training but he is too stubborn and says that "it doesn't help"... pfff :evil:

Getting that first circle is the hard part. Once you learn to get 5/4 circles or 1 1/4, you'll get then 3 then 5 in no time. It's just getting that 1.

Bucket work is just an accessory exercise to learning circles. It's not exactly necessary as some do not like and get kids swinging circles. I like it but when used you have to make sure the gymnasts are focusing on the proper lean and staying "light" in the bucket.

Take some footage of your mushroom work and we can give you some tips.

Will do, I promise to ulpoad it sometime in this week!

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Will do, I promise to ulpoad it sometime in this week!

:lol:

Hahaha it took me like two months to remember and tape this... but here it is... finallY!! Hope someone sees this and criticize! :roll:

Hope this helps... if you need another video, just let me know, pls!!

-Alex