Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3x3 to 3x4 or 4x3

DauntlessGrok16

DauntlessGrok16

Hey guys.. for example I do dips for 3x3 but felt like I can already do more.. what will I do? Should I up the reps like 3sets of 4 reps or should I up the sets like 4sets of 3reps? Or is there a better way to do it? Also, please share how you guys do it. I don't want to reach failure only 1-2 reps short of failure. Thanks!

Daniel Burnham

All of those rep schemes are pretty similar. There are a couple of methods I like to do to up volume. If I am a beginner in an exercise and I feel I can do more then I will do the last set to about 1 rep before failure.

For a general plan up the reps every week until you get to 5 per set then lower the reps again and increase the number of sets.

Realize you don't have to feel tired for an exercise to be effective. You should stick to a plan. If you aren't knowledgeable about programming then you should either read and learn how to do it or follow the WOD/ kilroy plan.

Parth Rajguru

From 3x3, you should probably increase the sets. Aim for 5-6 sets of 3 reps, then start working sets of 4 reps.

This depends on a lot of things, but increasing volume before intensity is a good rule of thumb.