Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Achieved:Back Lever.

Tavis G

I have achieved the back lever :D. But I have never trained it all. I guess leg raises and FL Training helped(straddle3 sec FL). I dont know how long i can hold since i never held it for time(BL).

Back lever is mainly about core strength and upper body pushing strength. It's still somewhat a pull but you are not going to be able to pull it off without some upper body pushing strength.

Back lever is mainly about core strength and upper body pushing strength. It's still somewhat a pull but you are not going to be able to pull it off without some upper body pushing strength.

I heard it also takes some pulling strength from the lats as well. I'm not sure which works harder in the back lever, upper body pushing (from anterior delts and pecs) or pulling from the lats.

I have achieved the back lever :D. But I have never trained it all. I guess leg raises and FL Training helped(straddle3 sec FL). I dont know how long i can hold since i never held it for time(BL).

Nice, but didn't you show a video of you training back lever in a thread here before? FL training definitely helps, but the leg raises won't really help you that much since the lower back is what's working hardest at the core in the back lever.

If you have never held the back lever for time, then how do you know you can do it? I have done a BL and a half Lay Bl, but they are beyond my capability and i usually just lower all the way to a german hang if i try them. I would not say you have achieved a BL if this is what you are talking about

If you have never held the back lever for time, then how do you know you can do it? I have done a BL and a half Lay Bl, but they are beyond my capability and i usually just lower all the way to a german hang if i try them. I would not say you have achieved a BL if this is what you are talking about

He probably means that he doesn't really do the static in training, but can hold the lever when he attempts it and like what Zach said, only a video would tell.