Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS Training Guide

yuri marmerstein

yuri marmerstein

Hello

I appreciate all the support from the community that I've had since I have been a part of it.

I want to announce that forum member IRT and myself are currently working on a Handstand Training Guide. It will fully detail the process of learning a straight freestanding handstand from my point of view to help people with both their training and teaching. Basically I've gone and made all the mistakes so you can learn from it.

It will be nice to have all the information in one place since I really cannot think of a resource that has that(except for the outdated York Guide).

If you are interested in finding out when we go live, please use the following link www.hstrainingguide.com and fill out the form at the bottom.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well.

Yuri

Great, looking forward to it :).

Do you have at least very rough estimation of the release date (2012, summer 2013, etc)?

Damn, end of the year is going to be hugely expensive for me. I'm already picking up two games, and now I need the book as well! And my bank account is just about empty.

Damn, end of the year is going to be hugely expensive for me. I'm already picking up two games, and now I need the book as well!

Let's call it an investment! :D

Buying a good book about HS traninig will teach us the proper form so we later we are not forced to spend a lot of time (time = money) unlearning bad habbits 8) .

Also buying a good game which I will be playing in months to come is a lot cheaper source of entertainment than a lot of other alternatives (like cinema) :P.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Just Great!!!

A very good thing from you Yuri!!

yuri marmerstein
Dayum.

Yuri, any chance we can throw in some pre-orders? I'd pay for it right now!

Doubtful, it should be out fairly soon so I don't think it's necessary

any chance of a kindle version?

Also doubtful, probably just .pdf

sorry for the inconvenience

Romain Laine

Hi Yuri,

Do you plan to make a 2nd book in the future that goes beyond the 2 arms freestanding HS ?

(not that I am close to achieving the 2 arms version but I am just curious)

Good luck for the launching of the site/book !

yuri marmerstein
Hi Yuri,

Do you plan to make a 2nd book in the future that goes beyond the 2 arms freestanding HS ?

(not that I am close to achieving the 2 arms version but I am just curious)

Good luck for the launching of the site/book !

Thanks!

Good question, and yes, I do plan on continuing the series after the first book

• 1 month later...

Oh good thing someone bumped this. I had no idea this was in the works. Definitely looking forward to this since the amount of actual hand balancing information on the internet is frustrating at best (Trust me I've searched).

Josh Schmitter

Also doubtful, probably just .pdf

sorry for the inconvenience

Inconvenient indeed! Geez, I mean can't you just make everything we want and all available now :). Much thanks for putting this together.

I saw Kit Laughlin being mentioned here om the board, watched him on Youtube, subscribed, and today I saw he'd uploaded a video on Yuri's shoulder mobility, which I hope is OK to share (has it not been done already).

That's nice stuff Yuri. Did you get the idea from Hartzell? Hook a band to the wall and there is so much great mobility work that can be done.

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

I subscribed to the page few weeks ago and I'm waiting for this so good proyect.

Yuri, good luck.

yuri marmerstein

That's nice stuff Yuri. Did you get the idea from Hartzell? Hook a band to the wall and there is so much great mobility work that can be done.

Yep, I got the original idea from Hartzell and made some modifications along the way. Dick is awesome and I am a big fan of his work

again guys thanks for all the support. This ebook is coming along and I really like where it is at. There are a lot of concepts in it that I haven't really seen elsewhere, and enough supplemental exercises to keep you busy for a while.

While the book will not be covering press handstands or HSPU(or one arm HS for that matter) those skills should come easy if you follow the progression and exercises I have.

Can't wait, Yuri!

When I first encountered the world of handbalancing as a young teenager, I began training with the typical arched back, closed shoulders handstand. As Cole Dano has stated a few time on this forum, it's very hard to make progress now that the old handstand form is engrained in the brain. I'm very excited for your book to help me fix my mistakes! Looking forward to it's release announcement :)

Also, do you have a price range in mind at this time? Just curious, so I can start budgeting my bank account, what with btgb ed.2 , christmas presents, college books, etc.

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

This christmas will be full of auto-gymnastics "gifs", so the result...

Back account = 0$

• 1 month later...