Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bicep and shoulder joints strength

Christopher Schwab

Christopher Schwab

Hello all!

I have been practicing the front lever and planche series and have found that I could do a full back lever the first time I tried it, and got s pretty decent hold on it as well. Now I know I have the muscles and the movement proficiency to pull off a back lever my question is should I?

My worry is that while my muscles are developed enough to pull it off that my bicep and shoulder joints and tendons will be far behind in development and that if I go straight to practicing a full back lever I will be increasing my risk of injury greatly, especially my risk of tendonitis.

Do you recommend I train the tuck back lever at all or am I safe enough that I can go straight away and practice the full back lever?

I expect my tendon and joints are already somewhat strengthened from the planche work (currently working Adv. tuck planche pushups & Straddle Planche hold) and the front lever series (Adv. tuck front lever hold)

Thank you all, I greatly appreciate it!

Chris.

hej

Being a cautious guy I would probably not train the full back lever. I dont know anything about your training or where you are at yet for example how long can you hold the full lay back lever and the planche? Also if you do adv tuck planche work with fingers pointing backwards I'd imagine you tendon strength would be stronger than a different hand placement from what I understand. If I were in your position first thing Id do is get my form on the back lever checked by the community here and if they approve then i might start with 1 session a week doing half lay/ straddle / full lay back lever and the rest doing adv tuck or tuck. All this depends on a lot of different factors though such as, how long can you hold all these movements how long have you been doing this kind of training how good is your form? for now work on something lighter, get your form checked and wait for someone with some real knowledge about this stuff chime in here =). that's my opinion I hope it helps.