Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jumping higher on mini-trampoline

Banzas

Hello everyone, I'm doing Teamgym for several time and I would like to increase if possible the high of my jumps on mini-trampoline. Of course there's a lot about the technique (angle, arms, etc) and run speed but I'm curious about if it's possible to increase the high of my jump with some specific exercises.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Yes, basically get stronger through your lower body and core/posterior chain.

Squats, lunges, deadlifts core work.

If you don't have access to a barbell, single squat variants with dumbbells. These can be step ups, rear leg elevated single leg squats, forward/rearward lunges, SLS pistol, or shrimps.

Core work can vary. Hollow/arch holds, Leg lifts from a hang, V-ups, back extension, GluteHamRaises, GluteBridges, bent and straight leg situps, inverted situps, etc.

Plyometric drills maybe. Only thing is there quite a carryover from plyos on floor to a mini-tramp. Should be fine for the most part, though.

Thank you Blairbob, I'll chose some exercises and build a routine to do about 2 times a week :)

About the squats, should I do a slower tempo on the negative part and be more explosive on the concentric phase or the tempo doesn't matter here??

• 1 year later...
David Picó García

I would say the inmediate improvement you can do is to jump from far distance to the minitramp. Of course all exercises above mentioned will help you with this and help to jump from longer distances. And the jump has to be in straight line not a parabolic one or you will loose the speed of the run. And stay  with tight legs.