Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOD (Including video)

Laitinen85

Mikko Myllymäki

Great job! Judging from your nick you might be finnish. Glad to see a finn rocking it! Means that I can't explain my suckness with my nationality anymore. :(

Great job! Judging from your nick you might be finnish. Glad to see a finn rocking it! Means that I can't explain my suckness with my nationality anymore. :(

You are absolutely right! I am from Finland :D And thank you wery much aswell :) So where u from?

Bryce Warren

Couple notes:

Don't power through the muscle-up transition, focus on controlling it. If you can't then start back on negatives.

Take a step back on your planche, it looked like your protraction sank and your arms looked slightly bent as well.

Last would be to use palms back grip (chin-up grip) when doing back levers, by the looks of it you'll need to take a step (or a few) there as well while you strengthen the elbows/biceps properly.

I wouldn't suggest even bothering with iron crosses until you've completed this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9023

Focus on proper form with the basic fsps (bl, fl, pl, l-sit) until then. Remember to keep your elbows locked in those straight arm positions, you seem to always keep a slight bend in these movements (unless I'm crazy). It will greatly hinder your progress.

You've got a good base to work with, now it's just about getting the most out of what you're doing! Good luck.

Couple notes:

Don't power through the muscle-up transition, focus on controlling it. If you can't then start back on negatives.

Take a step back on your planche, it looked like your protraction sank and your arms looked slightly bent as well.

Last would be to use palms back grip (chin-up grip) when doing back levers, by the looks of it you'll need to take a step (or a few) there as well while you strengthen the elbows/biceps properly.

I wouldn't suggest even bothering with iron crosses until you've completed this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9023

Focus on proper form with the basic fsps (bl, fl, pl, l-sit) until then. Remember to keep your elbows locked in those straight arm positions, you seem to always keep a slight bend in these movements (unless I'm crazy). It will greatly hinder your progress.

You've got a good base to work with, now it's just about getting the most out of what you're doing! Good luck.

You are littlebit wrong a couple things.. My arms are straight allmost every moves.. Only iron cross and planche are done bent arms.. All those exercise are made in same workout thats main reason for bent arms :) I cannot chanche my grip while im doing front lever first, its impossible.. I dont understand your advice to muscleup.. Dont power trought it? And thank u for critics :)

Mikko Myllymäki
You are absolutely right! I am from Finland :D And thank you wery much aswell :) So where u from?

I live nowadays in Jyväskylä but am originally from Tampere and hope to move back there as soon as I finish my studies.

Bryce Warren

Pretty sure your arms aren't locked on those jacknife - fly push-ups. Doing any of those straight arm movements with even a slight bend defeats the purpose of the exercise, so really watch that and be sure to lock out 100%. The cross, jack/fly, and planche were the ones I was referring to when I said your arms were bent. Fl/bl are too far away to tell, but I'd say at least test your front lever because it's really easy to have a slight bend without noticing. If you find it too demanding having all the FSP in one session then split them, but I'd say definitely kick out the IC. You should be able to handle BL, FL, and PL if scaled properly and you're not over-doing one or the other.

As for this part:

I cannot chanche my grip while im doing front lever first, its impossible..

Either drop to a dead hang and change your grip, or split them and do all of your sets for one then move onto the next. Using that grip on the BL will produce very little to no benefit, especially if you're seeking to do an IC one day.

I dont understand your advice to muscleup.. Dont power trought it?

With this, I mean don't power through the transition. This is where the strength is built from the MU. If you can't manage the transition in a controlled manner, then you should at least be doing the eccentric part slowly to build up the strength. As I said in the previous post, negatives are great, use them.

Hope this covers everything fairly well.

Pretty sure your arms aren't locked on those jacknife - fly push-ups. Doing any of those straight arm movements with even a slight bend defeats the purpose of the exercise, so really watch that and be sure to lock out 100%. The cross, jack/fly, and planche were the ones I was referring to when I said your arms were bent. Fl/bl are too far away to tell, but I'd say at least test your front lever because it's really easy to have a slight bend without noticing. If you find it too demanding having all the FSP in one session then split them, but I'd say definitely kick out the IC. You should be able to handle BL, FL, and PL if scaled properly and you're not over-doing one or the other.

You are absolutely right on that! This is my first year to train like this and i feel like i improve everyday a little bit :) And everyday learn something new! I apologize my bad english :)

And i changed my grip to Bl. It was much harder, but ill managed to do that!! Thank you for advices :)