Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

14,000 calories just vanished?

Andrew Long

Andrew Long

Hej,

I have been eating a tonne of food this week as there has been a lot of celebrations back to back and it has not been quality food either. Now I have probably been eating a good 2000 calories more than what I have used each day for a week, so around 14 000 extra bad calories... the thing is according to that I should have gained several pounds but I gained like half a pound. What the hell happened to the rest of the calories? Also due to an injury the most exercise I have done is walking a little bit on some of those days (a bit means less than a Kilometer in the whole day) I have always read or been told that 3500 calories is a pound worth of fat yet I consumed a good 14000 extra calories this week and gained half a pound. I don't get it how did the rest get burned? Needless to say but I am back to the regular diet of lean organic meat and vegetables. It really does make you feel better.

cheers everyone

p.s. Do fat cells ever disappear or die off? or do they just shrink? Have read a lot of mixed views over this.

Larry Roseman
Hej,

I have been eating a tonne of food this week as there has been a lot of celebrations back to back and it has not been quality food either. Now I have probably been eating a good 2000 calories more than what I have used each day for a week, so around 14 000 extra bad calories... the thing is according to that I should have gained several pounds but I gained like half a pound. What the hell happened to the rest of the calories? Also due to an injury the most exercise I have done is walking a little bit on some of those days (a bit means less than a Kilometer in the whole day) I have always read or been told that 3500 calories is a pound worth of fat yet I consumed a good 14000 extra calories this week and gained half a pound. I don't get it how did the rest get burned? Needless to say but I am back to the regular diet of lean organic meat and vegetables. It really does make you feel better.

cheers everyone

p.s. Do fat cells ever disappear or die off? or do they just shrink? Have read a lot of mixed views over this.

How come I wasn't invited :wink:

If you didn't track exactly and know exactly what went into your mouth it's going to be difficult to say.

It's possible that your body did let more calories than usual pass through as it hadn't fine tuned its absorption to the new

volume of food. But it's not likely that 12,000 kcals went down the crapper - maybe a thousand or two! So I tend to believe that you're overestimating your intake.

If a large amount of the extra food calories was in the form or protein or alcohol it could cause you to burn more calories than usual. Or perhaps all the running around from party to party burned some extra, and your body needed more for healing.

Bottom line is it's not possible to know for sure.

If booze was involved, ejecting your stomach contents and forgetting about it are possible as well!

Fat cells? Probably just shrink. But boes it matter because if they can go away they can come back. So whether they disappear or just shrink doesn't matter in the long run.

Andrew Long

haha I'll make sure to send out the invites here next time ;)

as for recording what I had it was A lot of pizza kebab, nuts, many pastries, doughnuts, chocolate, cake, soft drink and some booze and sausages that type of thing. as for the amount of calories well if anything Id be underestimating for example 2 days ago I had a large pizza for breakfast followed an hour or 2 later by a bananabread icecream sandwich with lots of fruit over the next couple hours then for lunch a beer 2 doughnuts an extra large kebab 3 glasses of coke and a couple beers then i ate about 500 grams of nuts mixed with another 500grams or so of dried fruit over the next couple hours then I had 400 grams of sausages some danish pastries and snacked on 300grams or so of lollies had 100 grams of chocolate and a cider a couple more beers more bananabread icecream sandwiches. and to top it all off that day I had 2 bowls of chinese take away followed by icecream with sprinkles lollies and caramel sauce =D thats just what I remember eating lol

You know.. looking back at this week makes me sick just thinking about it... I really feel like crap and am shocked by how easy it was to eat like I did this week but I can tell you i feel 1000% better eating my regular diet than I did this past week... I cant believe I used to eat like that before it sickens me a bit... Thank god this kind of partying happens once a year for me now if that...

Oh yea forgot to mention most of the partying was at my place and I have been sleeping like 10-12 hours a night this past week and when the drinking and sillyness isnt happening we were all laying about watching movies and playing video games.. so exercise was nill and daily activity would be classed as sedentary most definately.. I find it very hard to lose weight no matter my diet unless I do A lot running strength training doesn't do it for me but maintaining weight is almost easier for me than gaining weight which I find odd....

• 4 weeks later...

Some possibilities:

You actually gained more than half a pound but clothing differences masked the change in weight

You actually gained more than half a pound but dehydration masked the change in weight

You gained 3 pounds of fat and lost 2.5 pounds of muscle

The higher fat and "filler" content affected your digestive process resulting in faster transit and slower absorption so not that many calories got into you

The difference in lifestyle - sleeping 10h daily and spending time with your people caused behavioral or metabolic changes that burned away a portion of your calories

You actually had a small weight loss the week before which masked the weight gain.

Probably there are multiple factors at work

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.