Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bands on cross pullouts

cla

David Picó García

i followed that plan for 2 months (i have to study now so i gave up almost all my training). I would recomend to put some bands (i started with 4 but this depends on the type of them), to be able to do the exercise easily (8-10 reps), and start to remove bands until you arrive to the point you start to do 3x3, and try to increse the volume next week to 5x3, and go on to 5x5, and the other week you can posibly do 5x7. Then you could try to remove a band or replace one band with a 'ligther' one. And start the process again. You'll find at start you'll progress quickly, sometives for variety, you can return to your start number of bands and do high reps, and you'll find that you can do sets of 8-10 reps (and remember you started the training with this number of bands for just 3 reps).

I think when i started the training the bands removed me half body weight, i my idea was to remove a band every 1 month and a half or so changing the rep sets schema as posted.

At first the hard part is the arm strength at straigth position, so at first the limiting factor are the elbows, although you'll gradually find you start to recruit more pecs and lats.

Don't be surprise if your biceps start to grow as ..... well, as a gymnast!!!! :P

i

At first the hard part is the arm strength at straigth position, so at first the limiting factor are the elbows, although you'll gradually find you start to recruit more pecs and lats.

Don't be surprise if your biceps start to grow as ..... well, as a gymnast!!!! :P

Not necessary...You can limmit the pressure on your elbows with diffrent tehnic, wich I described in one of another posts about iron cross. One guy tried my tehnic and said it was better for his elbows and he was stronger too. Gelder uses the same tehnic. Just search a little on iron cross on this forum :)