• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stopped progressing...

wwqll

You're right :facepalm:

What i mean is,

I can't hold my static holds for longer than before

My number of repetitions or time under tension on my other exercises showed no increase too

I'm basically doing the things I was doing before with no change (except with the rings as I said).

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

I have some new questions.

I'm going to start loosing weight very soon with a ketogenic diet (high fat, medium protein and 20g+- carbs).

So...

- do I need to change my workout routine as I read that less kcal = less recovery/endurance/strength ?

- will the weight loss help for the workouts or the (hopefully low) muscle loss make things harder ? (for the FSP for example)

- will really switch from 2 light, 2 hard days to 4 hard days put focus on strength ? 4X full body high intensity workouts make me fear for the recovery

So the goal is to do both the strength gaining cycle + weight loss at the same time to double the effect, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Thanks !

Stefan Hinote

I have some new questions.

I'm going to start loosing weight very soon with a ketogenic diet (high fat, medium protein and 20g+- carbs).

So...

- do I need to change my workout routine as I read that less kcal = less recovery/endurance/strength ?

- will the weight loss help for the workouts or the (hopefully low) muscle loss make things harder ? (for the FSP for example)

- will really switch from 2 light, 2 hard days to 4 hard days put focus on strength ? 4X full body high intensity workouts make me fear for the recovery

So the goal is to do both the strength gaining cycle + weight loss at the same time to double the effect, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Thanks !

If your at a caloric defict then more then likely you won't gain much strength, much less any muscle mass, and that's regardless of what ever ratio of fat, carbs, protein you use.

Gymnastic work is high intensity, and thus heavily relies on carbs->glucose for energy.

Even if you take gymnastics out of the picture your body still requires way more than 20g of glucose for basic functioning, so it makes no sense to limit your carb intake that low when your body is just going to break down protein and fat into more glucose (gluconeogenesis), so you mine as well eat more carbs.

I'm not a big believer of eating TONS of carbs, but when I do eat carbs I typically eat them before and after a workout for the energy beforehand and insulin response after.

Thanks for the help :) .

The ketogenic diet goal is indeed to loose bodyfat. In fact I heard about it from some friends that are into bodybuilding and they loose fat this way.

Previously I added almost 50lbs because I was too skinny with no muscles, eating at a surplus with enough protein. As a result I gained both muscle and fat, I'm looking to remove the fat now. (You can see in the attached file, the pictures on the left are before back when I was 98lbs and on the right I'm 148, at 5"6)

So, what you are suggesting is just a deficit of 300-500kcal with enough protein, carbs around training ?

By the way, no need to change my training ?

Thanks.

edit: the attachement doesn't work for me, look here

post-2985-0-60977300-1352676330_thumb.jp

Stefan Hinote

For weight loss, I would try one deficit value for a week, see what the change in weight is, and go from there. Don't really have any specific number to suggest since it'll vary from individual to individual, other factors come into play, and it's not something I've personally played with (I'm always trying to eat as much as I possibly can to gain mass.)

On your off days it wouldn't be a bad idea to go on some easy to moderate runs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, as you told me I'll eat more carbs, around 100g per day. Keeping protein high and fat at medium level as well.

I'm starting to eat lean meats, tuna, milk, whey protein, eggs, yoghourts, a lot of vegetables & water. I'll see how fast I loose weight and adjust the kcals. I'll probably just drop +-10lbs to get a bit leaner.