Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Body tightness

rangerid

Hi, I have trouble keeping my body tight, like tightening all the muscles in my body when I do holds like L-Sit and Frog Stand. For example, my max hold on the L-Sit has been 12 secs so i was training with holds of 6 seconds, sometimes I can easily go beyond 6 seconds. when i keep my body tight but there are times when I can hardly lift myself into a L-Sit. Will I learn to keep my body tight with more practice or is there something I am doing wrong?

Alan O'Donnell

I might not be understanding your question either, but why would you need to keep your entire body tight on l-sits or frog stands? Personally, I let my muscles do what they have to do on l-sits, and frog stands are just about balance, they shouldn't be strenuous.

On an L sit you should be contracting your quads and extending your toes besides squeezing your legs together. Pushing out through your shoulders. You will probably feel your abs contracted but not all of your body may feel this way ( your butt and back ).

Dunno, for frog stand. Tension in the arms and shoulders and some in the abs.

When you get more experienced with bodyweight training and various balance positions, your 'body awareness' will increase. With awareness I mean that you will be more aware of which muscles to use for certain positions and where your limbs actually are when doing a movement or when holding a position.

• 1 month later...

Hate to sound like a meathead but the bigger the muscle the more you can feel it flex. Maybe a few sets in a dynamic exercise (leg lifts) to develop limited hypertrophy would be good? Helped me a great deal.