Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perfect front-lever pull ups

Yaad Mohammad

if you can do something that well... why would you film it with a potato?

Probably cause he doesn't care too much anymore, lol. Zef is strong, and he's been strong for a very long time. Somebody else was filming his with his cellphone.

Joshua Naterman

First off, Zef is ridiculously strong in the pulling. Very nice, shows excellent long-term training.

Second: Everyone notice the slow tempo he uses in training so often? There's several reasons that works so well.

1) more TUT = more growth stimulus.

2) slow movements require stabilizing musculature to work much harder, leading to better strength and fewer plateaus.

3) Causes less muscle damage, particularly with eccentrics.

He's also very strong at pushing. When I went to New-York a few years ago, Rick (an other Bar-barian) told me Zef could bench 350 lb. That's very good considering Zef if like 150-160 lb.

George Navarro

Anybody know why those guys do that crucifix looking thing with the back of their neck on the bar, or is that just one of their style moves ?

In circus aerial arts, it is called a neck hang. It's normally done without the hands, but if you look at it, he seem to be trying to use his hands as less as possible. There's also a guy, Ethan, who did something he called "decapitation", which is a "neck hang" from the front, with the bar placed under the jaw.

Joshua Naterman
He's also very strong at pushing. When I went to New-York a few years ago, Rick (an other Bar-barian) told me Zef could bench 350 lb. That's very good considering Zef if like 150-160 lb.

That is, in fact, pretty awesome, and would be a cool video.

I saw the planche, actually had straight arms from what it looked like. A little archy, but still, pretty nice! Far beyond mine as of now :)

if you can do something that well... why would you film it with a potato?

He has a longer video that includes the clip posted by the OP and with color and better quality. It's somewhere in his channel.