Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doubt in code of points.

Jordi Van Gelder

Jordi Van Gelder

Hello,

Well i found something that i still cannot understand, maybe i don't see something.

If you take a look at this code of points http://www.ginart.art.br/Codigos%20de%2 ... olas09.pdf at " grupo de elementos IV " you can see that butterfly its harder than Li Xiaoshuang, but this one includes also a butterfly. The same happens to Van gelder, easier than back lever to maltese? how? Van gelder goes from maltese to bl to planche.

Well thank you asking,

Regards.

Because it consists a bounce.

Butterfly goes from dead hang, while Li Xiaoshuang doesn't.

BL to maltese is F, because you must hold BL and not bounce, if you bounce it it's E.

For Gelder it's same and end position is easier then in maltese, so that is why. But for Gelder case I don't agree with difficulty being just E also for Balandin to inverted just being E and butterfly being just D.

Jordi Van Gelder
Because it consists a bounce.

Butterfly goes from dead hang, while Li Xiaoshuang doesn't.

BL to maltese is F, because you must hold BL and not bounce, if you bounce it it's E.

For Gelder it's same and end position is easier then in maltese, so that is why. But for Gelder case I don't agree with difficulty being just E also for Balandin to inverted just being E and butterfly being just D.

Thank you!

So you think butterfly should be E?

Jordi Van Gelder
Yes and Gelder F also Balandin.

Yes Gelder maybe. Its ranked at the same that maltese to bl to maltese, but of course its harder.

What about the buttefly mount (vertical pull to support)? It starts from dead hang, but is still a C. Also, do you guys feel that inverted cross press to handstand should be at least a D since inverted cross is C compared to iron cross being a B and iron cross pullout to support being a C?

By the way Gregor, are you capable of doing butterfly cross, Van Gelder, or Balandin? :mrgreen:

What about the buttefly mount (vertical pull to support)? It starts from dead hang, but is still a C. Also, do you guys feel that inverted cross press to handstand should be at least a D since inverted cross is C compared to iron cross being a B and iron cross pullout to support being a C?

By the way Gregor, are you capable of doing butterfly cross, Van Gelder, or Balandin? :mrgreen:

"What about the buttefly mount (vertical pull to support)? It starts from dead hang, but is still a C"

If you rise one, you should rise all wich are in the same movement, but it could not be the same as pull to cross (it's easier, because of end position is support. It is longer movement but, once you get moving it's easy, the hardest part is first 60°.)

"Also, do you guys feel that inverted cross press to handstand should be at least a D since inverted cross is C compared to iron cross being a B and iron cross pullout to support being a C?"

No. It's ok, like it is.

"By the way Gregor, are you capable of doing butterfly cross, Van Gelder, or Balandin?"

1. Yes.

2. No (as said before I'm not god with planches, also bottom part of movement is litlle to hard for me).

3. Yes, both of them (Balandin 1 and 2).

Thanks for clarifying, Gregor and those are some nice achievements you got there :). I assume you could do back lever press to maltese, but just not to planche right?

I wonder why bounce can make them easier to be done.

Because it produce momentum.

I assume you could do back lever press to maltese, but just not to planche right?

sort of :lol: I am litlle bit to low. Not worth of looking it :mrgreen:

Does bounce refer to the stretch reflex or a kip?

I assume you could do back lever press to maltese, but just not to planche right?

sort of I am litlle bit to low. Not worth of looking it

That's still crazy! Have you tried starting with a back lever with triceps digging into the lats? I heard it from Brandon Wynn in a video and he said it would make skills like back lever to maltese and Azarian maltese significantly easier or like effortless as he says it.

Jordi Van Gelder

Gregor you said you can do maltese and harder moves but not planche??? how is that possible? i think maltese its an evolution of planche. Its like to do front lever but not lsit.

No it's not. it's like comparing helicopter and aeroplane, all what is the same is they both move in the air and not on floor.

I do feel much more muscles in maltese.

PS: I can do stradle planche on rings and probably with legs together if I would trained it....

Not really. Have other priorties for strength training...First adition if it will be, will be aditional inverted cross in my routine.