Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for bigger shoulders (Pre-beach jaja)

FyahGreen

Hi all.

I've been training HS stomach to wall for a week (well, stomatch never touched wall, because i feel my back too bent), i' ve been trying to maintain a hollow position. I last like 20 to 30 seconds and been training 5x15-20 seconds.

Now my hated pre-beach alter ego.

I want to increase my shoulders size, training HS stomach to wall, would you tell me the best (in your pro-opinion) way to improve it? Something like 10 sets? Without getting burned?

Please don´t be heartless. :P

Handstands facing the wall won't make your shoulders much bigger, or not as fast as you want it to. I think you should just practice until you feel a bit tired, then stop. You won't get much hypertrophy from it, but it's better to learn handstands, which should probably be your goal. Otherwise, for hypertrophy, why not working pike push-ups (hips at 90 degree with your legs on something) or divebomber push-ups if it's too hard?

Joshua Naterman
Handstands facing the wall won't make your shoulders much bigger, or not as fast as you want it to. I think you should just practice until you feel a bit tired, then stop. You won't get much hypertrophy from it, but it's better to learn handstands, which should probably be your goal. Otherwise, for hypertrophy, why not working pike push-ups (hips at 90 degree with your legs on something) or divebomber push-ups if it's too hard?

You can always do partial rom hollow HeSPU, even if it's only an inch. If you're actually hollow you will feel it in the deltoids and upper traps almost exclusively.

Other than that, using some kind of external load for shoulder raises is the way to go. I recommend doing both, honestly. Specific work for medial deltoids will help your HeSPU by making them stronger (and bigger) and your HeSPU will help with deltoid mass overall.

No matter what you do, make sure you get the right food around the workout! You make muscle out of food, not out of reps! You need the exercise to tell your body it needs more muscle, but you need the food if you want to actually MAKE that muscle.

If he's to do partial HeSPU, it would be a good idea to start with pike push-ups, no? Partial HeSPU would be good too, but I think using a bigger range of motion would be better. Even better could be to use both. Like, a set of partials, then a set of pike push-ups with legs up, then why not a set of pike push-ups with feet on the ground. That could do an okay drop set.

You can always do partial rom hollow HeSPU, even if it's only an inch. If you're actually hollow you will feel it in the deltoids and upper traps almost exclusively.

I thought this but I believed it would be bad for my shoulders but you put the light on me. :mrgreen:

Otherwise, for hypertrophy, why not working pike push-ups (hips at 90 degree with your legs on something) or divebomber push-ups if it's too hard?

This exercises are hard, I like them jeje.

Thank you so much. :mrgreen:

For me specifically stomach to wall HS did increase my shoulder size, as did lots and lots of volume kicking up into a free standing HS (even if i only held it for a second). The more volume, the better you get and the bigger your shoulders will Get. Josh Naterman told me that my shoulders were huge one time, and i was very flattered becasue i had never considered my shoulders any bigger then the average. But all i did was lots of volume (but i did it smartly). be sure to listen to what you body is saying and know when to stop.

mikelmarion

Anywone have a pic or video of this? Im having a hard time visualizing without a pic or vid

Joshua Naterman
If he's to do partial HeSPU, it would be a good idea to start with pike push-ups, no? Partial HeSPU would be good too, but I think using a bigger range of motion would be better. Even better could be to use both. Like, a set of partials, then a set of pike push-ups with legs up, then why not a set of pike push-ups with feet on the ground. That could do an okay drop set.

Both would be best for sure, it is good to use a combination of full ROM with with a load you can handle and partial ROM work with a load that doesn't change (so that over time you can increase the ROM).