Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Protein Powder!

igalk474

still going up,

now 49kg, goal 53.5kg

after many testings with really high standards and getting to know each product in depth,

these are the best products i found on those categories(and their best tastes), a really recommended stack:

pre workout: Cellucor C4 Extreme(Orange/Fruit Punch)

bcaa for long workouts:

scivation xtend (lemon lime sour)

creatin/glutamin: BSN Cell-Mass 2.0 (Arctic Berry Blast)

protein/gainer: BSN True-Mass (Vanilla Ice Cream / Strawberry Milkshake)

or gainer for endomorhps/not skinny: MHP up your mass (Vanilla)

multi-vitamin: Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men/Opti-Women

fish oil(omega 3): Carlson labs Very Finest Fish Oil (Lemon)

Shaker: Spider Bottle(also 2Go versions, all good)

from my testings,

compared scivation xtend and modern bcaa,

the xtend gave better results and better taste,

while modern bcaa was ultra micronized, but not such a good taste,not so good on the stomach,

less energy and recovery even though it had more bcaa than xtend, for some reason xtend works better

you can feel the effects, and it has great taste

also compared the new bsn hyper fx to cellucor c4 extreme:

c4 gave better results, and was overall better,it's the best pre workout

tested, efx kre-alkalyn pro(buffered creatin), it's worse than the regular creatine,

costs more, you better off with the creatin in cell mass 2 which is great, also with the c4 extreme pre workout creatine nitrate, both are better then kre-alkalyn

anyway make sure you read the directions, don't over dose,

drink plenty of water gradually, to reduce the the chances of beta alanine tingling and creating dehydration,

a side from that everything should be good

Spider Bottle, is an awesome shaker, really mixes well everything,

it's big, and support both metric and imperial systems,well built

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blairbob

• Joshua Naterman

• igalk474

• Daniel Burnham

Well, BCAA usually have a horrid taste even when flavored. Best swallow it before you taste it.

Our gymnasts did not approve. They thought it might be interesting instead of water but the taste made them think twice. These girls had no hearts.

However, I'm sure our little Nadia and redhead would have drank it up if we told them it would make them strong. Loved those kids. They drank down this gatorade protein shake without batting an eye though you could tell they didn't like it much. "We could get used to it " is what they said.

Too bad they ended up moving on for their own reasons.

50kg. You seriously need to gain some weight man. Food in your part of the world is probably tasty. Eat as much as you can.

thanks, i'm eating a lot, but also training a lot,

now i'm trying to do this:instead of training 5-7 days a week, i'm training 2-4 times a week,

this way i have more time for recovery , and on the rest days i also eat a lot ,

this way i dont burn everything i eat while training, because most of my training is pretty intense,

and on the rest days i keep eating almost like training days,

so it improved something for me

i was 42kg at the beginning,

you can see here(before more than a year):

o0aRbYrhVYg

and my mass now 49kg:

wduCQcAtkQk

there is some difference

on my mass, i was skinnier before,

also my technique got better and everything is easier for me now

it's a small difference but it's big for me, because many years i was on plateo and searched for something to challenge me,

then i found the rings and it's totally improved my fitness,

it also improved my fitness in martial arts

(right now i train on MCMAP(improved krav maga used by marines) which is great as a base, and use some concepts around that from JKD(bruce lee) , Systema(Ryabko's), Kung Fu(Wing Chun ,Shaolin and 5 animals styles, iron shirt/plam, qi gong, dim mak), Muay Thai, PFS(paul vunak), MMA(bas rutten) and other street fighting techniques like Keysi Fighting Method & S.P.E.A.R , also stuff like using your surroundings, improvized weapons, faster reaction time and attacking before you are attacked by intention prediction,diversion and attack,switch fast from passivness to aggression,better focus and clearer mind, also special skills like Lentation , Sakki jutsu , Wu wei ,kiai jutsu , fa jing , ... but most of the focus is training on mcmap)

i think if you combine this martial arts, & gymnastics & ring training, thoghter with

stuff like: extreme obstacle courses fast, extreme sports, mountain climbing, swimming , hiit and running,

taking the training to irregular places/conditions,

like training in water, on sand , up hill, rocky environment,rain/slippery, non balanced,cold/hot,extra weight/G force...

all this combined with healthy diet, rest, habits and lifestyle you get the best functional all around fitness there is :)

MCMAP isn't just KravMaga. It's a lot of things. I know someone who is one of the instructors that helped create it.

Need to work on your shoulder flexibility. Elevated bridging. Depends on if you tumble really but I know sure if you do all around or just Rings and Pommel Horse. Can't remember.

thanks, i know, mcmap is awesome,this is why i chose this as the core of all my other martial arts,

it's a great base, and has everything you need,it'a great stuff, just wanted to explain it shortly

my goal with it, is to know 10-20 techniques really really good, that i can do with any side or situation, instinctivley,

and dosens more that i can execute from time to time, but the other 10-20 techniques are excecuted a lot better

yeah, i'm working now on elevated bridge to improve the flexibility of my upper back,

i do only rings, and sometimes mushroom for fun

thanks!

• 1 month later...

right now,

after some testings for couple of months

i'm throwing the pre workout and creatine out from the stack

about pre workout,

i don't want my energy to be depeneded on a powder,

instead of coming from motivation and good diet,

also still beta tingling(paresthesia), very very annonying, still havn't got ridden of it,

tried many techniques to reduce the tingling sensations, they only reduced it a little,

and it didn't dissapear only after 40-60 minutes it's gone,

since almost all pre workouts have beta alanin , i don't have any use for it,

it does for me more bad then good

i replaced it with the bcaa (sciavation xtend),

also can be used with green tea , and not often coffee / chocolate / sugary snacks/drinks

15 minutes before

also about the creatine,

i only wanted to use it to improve recovery, and get out of a catabolic state fast,

but i don't think creatine has any use for gymnastics,

it increases water retention and water weight( i think like sarcoplasmic hyperthrophy),

and i don't have any use for muscles that look bigger, only muslces that perform better,

it does help recovery, but it also causes a dry feeling and you need to drink a lot of water

for couple of hours, so it's not good if you are training just before sleep,

because then you will need to stay awake for 3-4 hour longer to drink water

so i replaced that too with the bcaa

and it works better for me

so i replaced the pre workout and post workout creatine with bcaa(xtend)

also sometime i take it also on the morning after the training session

so now the stack is:

protein/gainer: BSN True-Mass (Vanilla Ice Cream) is the best

also ON pro complex gainer(Vanilla) is good too

or gainer for endomorhps/not skinny: MHP up your mass (Vanilla)

or if you are a really skinny ectomorph that doesn't have any history of diabetes,you can try for few months ON Serious Mass (Vanilla), and then move to BSN True-Mass

bcaa for long workouts , pre workout , post workout:

scivation xtend (lemon lime sour)

Shaker: Spider Bottle(also 2Go versions, all good)

once in a while:

multi-vitamin: Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men/Opti-Women

fish oil(omega 3): Carlson labs Very Finest Fish Oil (Lemon)

also about preparing the gainer,

what i do is i put the powder,

then i put 300ml water , then 200 ml milk

this way there is less milk but it's still tastes great

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.