Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back levers and front levers.

Tavis G

Front levers i cant hold but i can all the way up. How do you do back levers? My back is always rounded and when its not, my body is even close to parrelel. Help :(

Just go to a variation you could hold with perfect body line and work your way up from there. You could also use an assist for back lever by squeezing your lats with your arms, but you should discontinue that once your strong enough to do it without it.

Philip Chubb
Its all in the book.

+1. Given the questions you have been asking, it seems like you don't really bother to educate yourself.

Joshua Naterman

This guy doesn't have the book, and hasn't bothered to read anything on the site.

There's nothing to do for this guy except encourage him to get the book and then ignore him until he starts asking questions that show he has read the book.

Wow man, really? I read alot of things on this website. The thing is i dont wanna get the book because i dont wanna be a gymnast, i just love the excersizes.

*Edit. And i dont have the money.

Philip Chubb

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but do you really expect someone to feel any different because you don't have money? Mow someones lawn. Offer to clean someones house. Sell stuff. Find a job. Whatever you do, the book is worth it. It's not about the sport. It's about the gymnastic exercises. But no one is going to help you if you don't help yourself.

Daniel Burnham

I would like to emphasize that the majority of the people on this site have gotten all their knowledge from the book and seminars coach summer has provided. It would be very unfair of us to take this information that he has worked and gained through experience, and simply rewrite it and pass it along.

With that said, It is common for people to need cues and help in understanding the things that coach has taught us. Also there are some subjects that have not been elaborated on in the book. We can't expect the book to include a guide to everything that is fitness. To me this is the purpose of the website to fill those gaps and expand on the teachings that are available in the seminars and the book.

In actuality you probably could browse the website and connect the dots, but this would take a lot of time and effort. The book is definitely worth every penny and is the best source that I have found for gymnastic exercises. I don't think there is anything better, short of having a qualified gymnastic coach (or upcoming certified gymnastic bodies coach) train you in person. I am fortunate enough to have a previous olympic gymnast and several college level gymnasts at my gym and the book still provides a straight forward progression and insight that these guys haven't given.

So my advice is just buy the book. If you are serious about the gymnastic exercises you are doing, it will be a great investment. Maybe even better than the rings or parallettes.

Julian Aldag

Do yourself a favour Travis and get the money together (by any legal means necessary) and buy the book.

If you can't manage that, then I dont see how you will have the determination to reach high level gymnastic skills.

Jules

FREDERIC DUPONT
(...) i dont have the money.

ahhh... then, seriously, there is no hope! :roll:

Wow man, really? I read alot of things on this website. The thing is i dont wanna get the book because i dont wanna be a gymnast, i just love the excersizes.

The book only covers the exercises, it's not a gymnastics skills book. Get it, the digital version is very reasonably priced.

I forget my birthday coming up on the 14th, do you think these three things are worth it? Rings, the book, and Calisthenics Kingz workout gloves(im a bar athlete)

*edit. I want the gloves because of wrist support straps, and i get very bad calluses on my hands.

Matthew Barrett
*edit. I want the gloves because of wrist support straps, and i get very bad calluses on my hands.

ha! Forget the gloves! Some gyms use honey or salt water on their bars. We use blood! Let them rip on the bar! I prefer caluses. They help keep a tighter grip on bars but especially on the rope.

ha! Forget the gloves! Some gyms use honey or salt water on their bars. We use blood! Let them rip on the bar! I prefer caluses. They help keep a tighter grip on bars but especially on the rope.

I dont mind calluses that much, im just want the wrist support for things like handstands and planche. Or atleast i master it with hands backwards. :lol:

Better you just patiently build your wrists resilience up over time. Gloves really aren't needed.

Joshua Naterman

Tough love time.

Be a man, Tavis. In the immortal words of Arnold : Stop whining!

Men don't whine "oh I don't want to get that, it has all the exercises I want but I don't want to get it... plus I have no money." You may not know it, but that's whining. Don't do that, it makes you look ridiculous and instantly robs you of any respect you might have had from others.

Men work. They earn their keep. Men do odd jobs for neighbors when they can't get a job for whatever reason, and they drink water instead of soda to save the money when they need it. They skip a snack every now and then to safe that 75 cents. Men find ways to make things happen, they don't find excuses to try and get something for free. In simple terms: If you want the exercises, you'll find a way to earn the money.

I was poor growing up, and you know what? I always found ways to get the money I needed. It isn't always fun, and I bet you anything that if there was a seminar Hit Man was giving you'd find 44 dollars to get there.

I walked dogs, trimmed hedges, scoured parking lots for loose change, checked payphones, went door to door and asked if there was anything I could do to earn a few bucks, and I got a job at some crappy kiosk in the mall.

If you can't make that effort, you don't deserve any help.

Gerald Mangona

You will injure yourself if you don't go through all the stickies in depth. The problem is that the stickies don't make any sense unless you've bought the book. Buy the book. It's so important that I'm saying you should buy the book and then you should BUY THE NEXT EDITION of the book when it comes out.

Of course, moderators, if we're merely a month or two away from releasing the book, maybe show the guy a little mercy and tell him to hold off?

Yes, this is also an indirect way of asking how close we are to the next edition.

Seriously. Get the book, though. I know you don't wanna spend $44, but do you really want to spend 6 months in and out of injury? Making little progress and getting really frustrated? Hell, for 6 months, that's like $8/month. That's pretty a good use of $8 to me.

FREDERIC DUPONT
(...) this is also an indirect way of asking how close we are to the next edition (...)

In a month or two.

You should know JmanDetroit, it's been repeated many times on the forum since 2009! :shock: :lol:

Of course, moderators, if we're merely a month or two away from releasing the book, maybe show the guy a little mercy and tell him to hold off?

Yes, this is also an indirect way of asking how close we are to the next edition.

Just so you all know, we don't know when the book will be published. I don't know who has seen what, I've been fortunate to have seen some parts. Beyond that, I don't know what is ready and what isn't.

No one here is trying to get more book sells by selling ed. 1 and then in two weeks ed 2. I'm very sure when Coach sends it for publishing he will release that information.

It is very hard to keep quiet about ed. 2, but until it's released that is the way it is.

Man, deep words slizz! I wasnt going to get the book in the beggining because of money, bu then it struck me, how cool would i look with these excersizes? Look haw strong these would make me. Look how much healthier id be. People would say: "your weak" then id get on the ground and do a planche pushup, then id tell them" get on the floor and do that, then well see who is weak"

It just struck me, final decision: the book will be mine.