Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just got rings

jtaporco

i got my rings today, thanks coach for fast delivery!

right now they are hanging from my pullup bar. not sure if this is normal, but when i was doing dips my arms swing wildly left to right and back and forth. does this go away with repeated training?

Guest Garre33

hahaha, definitely. My first experience with the rings left me embarrassed about myself, but now I'm getting stronger so my stabilizer muscles keep me from wobbling in every direction on the rings.

hehe, i've been doing l sits on parrets and after trying the dips and l sits on the rings i must say that it was a big lesson in humility :oops:

time to train some more thanks for you help garre33

You should also do some skin the cats to build strength for levers. They are a lot of fun. If a full skin the cat is too hard for your do piked ones like in this video.

I wish I was that flexible...

Before i started stretching daily i couldn't even touch my toes. Now about 3-4 months away i can put my hands flat on the ground and put my head on my knees. Just keep working at it and you'll get it eventually.

I wish I was that flexible...

Before i started stretching daily i couldn't even touch my toes. Now about 3-4 months away i can put my hands flat on the ground and put my head on my knees. Just keep working at it and you'll get it eventually.

yep, 2 months ago i couldn't touch my toes either :)

so anyway, these rings are tearing up my hands! how do i prevent these mega blisters from forming.

Guest Garre33

Wow, what kids of stretching did you do? I do dynamic stretches every day, but I still can't even sit up straight on the ground with my legs in front of me... :roll: I'm afraid to do static stretches daily because a few months ago I overstretched my lower back and it hurt

hmm, i'll try to find the link later, but there was a post somewhere in the forum that showed all kinds of stretch exercises. i'm mainly working on splits, and static hamstring flexibility.

The only thing you can do for blisters is wear gloves or get used to them. I just toughed it out without gloves. I just do a bunch of different passive static stretches. I think i'll start doing dynamics and static actives soon though.

Wow, what kids of stretching did you do? I do dynamic stretches every day, but I still can't even sit up straight on the ground with my legs in front of me... :roll: I'm afraid to do static stretches daily because a few months ago I overstretched my lower back and it hurt

http://www.drillsandskills.com/article/11

read it

It had helped me a lot, I'm close to getting the pancake.(stretching exercise) :D

As for lower back and hamstring issues, look for a barbell exercise called a good morning. No need to do it weighted at this point or super deep. Eventually, maybe.

quick question, i have a slight bruise on my forearms from the pressure of the top of the rings while doing dips. did you guys have this problems at first?