• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PROGRESSIONS!!!!!

brianmerrill

brianmerrill

Ok so my routine is as follows day 1,2,3

day 1 -

pb l -sit 6x10's, pb handstand not assisted not couting sec's, tuck ball planche 4x15's

ido portal rope pull up progressions 3x3 each arm, pb hspu (working on full rom) 3x3

ido portal shrimp progressions 3x3, ido portal harop curl progressions 3x3

one leg puesdo planche push up 3x3

day 2 - adv fl 6x10's, adv bl 6x10's, and my xr support is a full 60's (what should i progress next too?)

rto dip 3x3, elevator progressions (bodyweight bicep curl) about 1 ft feet elevated full rom so far 3x3

same leg routine as day 1

adv fl row 3x3

day 3 - is just static qdr and muscle up's (im curious if i should just throw muscle ups at the end of each day 1 and 2 an just eliminate day 3....My mu are pretty solid im just curious however what consists of a real mu i will send two links to what mine looks like and what i feel is the absolute 100% true. This is my idea of a true muscle up with no leaning forward on the switch from pull up to dip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqy_khgb-cw. Mine looks more like this but i can complete 3x5 of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnntsqantu

any good advice i would really appreciate on critiqing my routine, btw i workout about every day leaving 1 to 2 days during the week of rest. usually once i have accomplished 3x5 of one exercise with strict slow momentium form i will progress to next variation

brianmerrill

Can someone actually give me a legitimate post with some actual insight rather then some bullshit don't post in all caps!!!!!! I need insight, ideas, comments on training not on how to post information

Philip Chubb

If you really want help, make it easy to be helped my writing clearly. Try editing your post to make it a bit more organized. It took me a few times to read it which is a few more than it should take.

rather then some bullshit don't post in all caps!!!!!!

What makes you think that anyone will help you with that kind of attitude?

And by the way, this isn't how it works, because you know the best how you will react to that training, no one can tell you if it's good or if you will not make progress.

Aaron Griffin
Can someone actually give me a legitimate post with some actual insight rather then some bullshit don't post in all caps!!!!!! I need insight, ideas, comments on training not on how to post information

Not anymore. You just pissed a bunch of people off by being childish (and apparently not understanding the internet)

Joshua Naterman

Consider yourself warned. Your attitude in this post is not what we accept here. You have received a private message with more detail.

brianmerrill

I apologize I didn't mean to be rude I just felt like he wasn't helping out at all. I could have understood if he post to not write in caps and then some useful information, I didn't not mean to come off childish, I sincerely apologize.

Rik de Kort

day 1 -

pb l -sit 6x10's, pb handstand not assisted not couting sec's, tuck ball planche 4x15's

ido portal rope pull up progressions 3x3 each arm, pb hspu (working on full rom) 3x3

day 2 - adv fl 6x10's, adv bl 6x10's, and my xr support is a full 60's (what should i progress next too?)

rto dip 3x3, elevator progressions (bodyweight bicep curl) about 1 ft feet elevated full rom so far 3x3

adv fl row 3x3

day 3 - is just static qdr and muscle up's (im curious if i should just throw muscle ups at the end of each day 1 and 2 an just eliminate day 3....My mu are pretty solid im just curious however what consists of a real mu i will send two links to what mine looks like and what i feel is the absolute 100% true. This is my idea of a true muscle up with no leaning forward on the switch from pull up to dip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqy_khgb-cw. Mine looks more like this but i can complete 3x5 of them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hnntsqantu

any good advice i would really appreciate on critiqing my routine, btw i workout about every day leaving 1 to 2 days during the week of rest. usually once i have accomplished 3x5 of one exercise with strict slow momentium form i will progress to next variation

Luckily, I've got a neat program that fixes these type of things. Could you please replace your original post with this?

brianmerrill

day 1 -

adv fl row 3x3

thanks for fixing my post buddy and everyone else sorry if I pissed you off, I just want to have good conversation with everyone on Gymnastic Strength Training™.

Rik de Kort

No problem, but I meant changing the text from your original post to what I posted. You can do that by clicking the 'edit'-button in the top right corner of your post.

Joshua Naterman

I tried to look at the youtube videos, but Youtube says the videos are unavailable. Can you double check the links and repost?

brianmerrill

Well my question was answered in another thread by coach, basacially elaborating the fact of wide muscle ups compared to false grip muscle up. My question was of over time leaning forward on the transition of pull up to dip will decrease? What are some tips to control yourself from leaning forward? Also I can hold a handstand facing wall hands about 3 - 4 inches from wall for a minute, should I progress to ring handstand? Also after a minute xr support is accomplished, what next?

brianmerrill

I meant straight arm static strength not bent arm, I can already preform xr dips. If I am not mistaken xr support is palms facing forward instead of palms facing you, so that xr support contributes to bicep strength, which wouldn't transfer to a ring dip. Correct me if I am wrong moderators but after XR support palms forward for 60, next progression is xr l - sit?

Well my question was answered in another thread by coach, basacially elaborating the fact of wide muscle ups compared to false grip muscle up. My question was of over time leaning forward on the transition of pull up to dip will decrease? What are some tips to control yourself from leaning forward? Also I can hold a handstand facing wall hands about 3 - 4 inches from wall for a minute, should I progress to ring handstand? Also after a minute xr support is accomplished, what next?

Your lean over time will decrease when you get stronger, but I think there is only a certain kind of muscle-up that can be done without any lean at all. The regular type of MU you usually see all require leaning forward to some extent even if its 2 inches I believe.

The only type of muscle-up I know of that doesn't require any lean is Andreas Aguilar's wide muscle-ups (inverted MU doesn't count) which is done differently than regular MU or other wide MU and can only be done on rings. Aguilar's MU is basically a bent-arm butterfly cross to support while extending the elbows as you adduct your arms after passing through the bent-arm iron cross position.

Rik de Kort
The only type of muscle-up I know of that doesn't require any lean is Andreas Aguilar's wide muscle-ups (inverted MU doesn't count) which is done differently than regular MU or other wide MU and can only be done on rings. Aguilar's MU is basically a bent-arm butterfly cross to support while extending the elbows as you adduct your arms after passing through the bent-arm iron cross position.

You make it sound like it's almost as hard as a butterfly. It isn't since the leverage is a lot less than in the butterfly.

You make it sound like it's almost as hard as a butterfly. It isn't since the leverage is a lot less than in the butterfly.

I'm not trying to say that it is as hard as a butterfly cross, but that it is different from the other MUs. Aguilar's MU is a butterfly cross with increased leverage due to arms being bent and so you can decrease the leverage by straightening the arms.

I meant straight arm static strength not bent arm, I can already preform xr dips. If I am not mistaken xr support is palms facing forward instead of palms facing you, so that xr support contributes to bicep strength, which wouldn't transfer to a ring dip. Correct me if I am wrong moderators but after XR support palms forward for 60, next progression is xr l - sit?

I believe that you are looking for Coach Sommer's straight arm strength progression.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1988#p12726

Yes L-sit is next.

Philip Chubb
What does half press HS look like? shoulder stand?

Straight arm press from straddle L or l-sit to a sort of almost tuck planche position?

Timothy Chernock
What does half press HS look like? shoulder stand?

I always imagined it looked like this skill around 0:42.

micngxZ2An0

brianmerrill

So if xr l - sit comes after xr support, then is there any use for pb l - sit? Also I feel tuck ball planche are more effected pre - tuck planche then advanced frog stance because your not leaning elbows on knees. With the ball planche I feel you can place more weight off the ball and on to hands simulating a reg tuck planche more. I want order iron woody bands so I can do band assisted tuck planche but the ball will do for now. Strangely I feel stronger doing tuck planche on the rings rather than pb and as well as l - sit on rings compared to pb. Is there any knowledge on transformation from ring statics to the floor and pb statics to the floor? Are they equal to each other or are they different animals, example being tuck planche or l - sit on rings static transfering to floor just as good as pb static with each?

Joshua Naterman

It is much harder on the internal rotators, I am finding. I can do a butterfly on freemotion with 37.5 lbs per hand for 10-15 reps or for two 10s up, 10s down reps but holy crap, that's just too much weight for the wide muscle up. What a great prehab element that is, I am thinking...

brianmerrill

ok my question is about hand placement on the rings during any exercise, I read in a post somewhere that your arm should not be touching straps OR RINGS. I find it very very difficult to perform even dips without touching rings. Is this correct form though because if it is I have earned a hugggggggge respect for rings.