Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bulgarian HSPU on the Xtreme Rings

Coach Sommer

My apologies for the delay in posting the article. I am currently traveling to the US Olympic Training for a Jr National Team Training camp. I will work on getting this article up when I have a break in training.

ZNCupJIYP6M

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks for another great video, preordered the book and dvds cant wait.

When it comes to the bulgarian ringdips and the Bulgarian HSPU, for what gymnasticskills are you prepairing your gymnasts for? Is it Iron cross and inverted Ironcross??

John Sapinoso

The Bulgarian dips train preliminary bent arm strength required for the cross, I'd imagine the Bulgarian handstands do the same for the inverted.

Done without the cables, this exercise makes me feel like a little girl

[=

If you want for inverted you should keep your palms turned as they are in handstand.

I'm not shure if its good for inverted, beacuse you must have straight arms to work exactly with same muscles. So I think if you have the element with straight arms you must choose exercises and progressions through straight arms.

And second thing inverted it's way harder then inverted bulgarians. And if you are so advanced, you are defenitly competitive gymnast and you have a coach to spot you.

• 3 weeks later...

International Training Camp

My apologies for the delay in the Bulgarian HSPU article. The last three weeks have been a little hectic to say the least. First I was at a Jr National Team training camp for one week. Then home for a week. And now this week, I am the US representative at a Pan American Gymnastic Union Training camp (for countries from North, Central and South America). It has been a great camp so far with 9 other countries attending; but twice a day training, with meetings before and after, has made it more than a little challenging to get everything done that I would like to get done.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer