Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A question on dips

seiyafan

Today I tried out single bar dip at the gym here, it wasn't bad at all, my legs were always in front of my body though, I guess it's for balancing. Maybe I didn't go far down enough, maybe my body was touching the bar? Then I tried Russian dip and I could not get up once my elbows are on the bars, do you rock your body forward then push? I wonder why the book gives the single bar a more difficult rating then Russian dips.

For regular dips on PB I do 10-12 per each set for 4-5 sets. I can probably do 30 of them in a row though never tried. I want to build more strength, what are my options besides a weighted dip?

• 2 weeks later...

To develop strength, start doing bulgarian dips on the pb if you can, and if you have access to rings, do dips on those. It makes them a great deal harder. Its all about moving up progressions when you go past 8-10 reps in an excercise.

Nic Branson

Do not discount the Korean dips, even for only a set or two. Your strength in a position that requires more active shoulder flexibility will thank you. So will your joint health.