Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand walks

Gokudmc1988

Hi I can hold a handstand free standing for a bout 15seconds and lately I have started gymnastics. My only problem is I don't know how to walk and can only manage about 4 good steps in handstand position but they are rather clumsy. My othr peers seem to do them quite relxed. Any help or tips or exercises for handstand blanacing walks?

It's more a matter of just practice and you'll get it.

Tight stomach and back, push through the shoulders. It helps to slightly lead the toes in front of you ( arching your back ) at first.

• 2 months later...

I have the opposite problem, I can walk on a handstand pretty good, but I can only hold the stand for about five secounds before I start walking, my record is 9 secounds for a standing still one, anyone want to give me an gold medal? :?

lol

Handstand walking is the gross motor action of readjusting the handstand through fine movements in your fingers and hand while doing a static HS.

Typically, you learn big motions first until you can fine tune it and make it finite. Early on you might have a big arch in front layout before eventually making it a tight arch-stretch.

I've come to hate free handstands lately, because I can't hold the damn position, it's like i were stupid or something. The most I've held it is for like 5-6 seconds lol.

But, one time i got into a hs, stood quite still for like 3 seconds, and then did a good hspu and finished well in the starting position, that's my best achievement so far hehe, haven't been able to do it again. That's why i like the wall.

I've come to hate free handstands lately, because I can't hold the damn position, it's like i were stupid or something. The most I've held it is for like 5-6 seconds lol.

But, one time i got into a hs, stood quite still for like 3 seconds, and then did a good hspu and finished well in the starting position, that's my best achievement so far hehe, haven't been able to do it again. That's why i like the wall.

I don't like them anymore either. Most of the time I try them I always walk out of them, also, when I try handstands with my belly to the wall and my hands a few inches away from it, I can only hold it for twenty secounds before I get tired. :x

I don't like them anymore either. Most of the time I try them I always walk out of them, also, when I try handstands with my belly to the wall and my hands a few inches away from it, I can only hold it for twenty secounds before I get tired. :x

Yep, you got to really dedicate to this stuff :?

• 1 month later...

Try this:

Kick up into a HS and hold it for 10 seconds. Take 4 steps and then stop. No extra steps, just stop. Hold the HS for another 10 seconds, and then try to take 4 more steps. Repeat until you have to come down. This helps you learn to control the HS and the walking much better.

Richard Duelley

Yep, the stop and go method of learning to walk on your hands is great. It will also allow you to develop great overall control while on your hands! I personally hold for 5 seconds in between walks.

Guest Valentin

If you want to improve your free handstand i would encourage you to get yourself a paid of parallets. The skill transfer is fantastic!. Again i will shamelessly promote an article on the topic (just to point out that this article only illustrates what you need to know, it won't be solution to having to put in the hardwork)

The_handstand_A_four_stage_training_model

I think this article will answer all your questions RE the handstand at its basic level.

Let me know if you find it helpful. be interested to know opinions

George Launchbury

I actually read this just last week! Great article. From a beginner's perspective it answered a lot of questions that I wasn't overly clear upon.

George.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, and was suprised that this was the one I was seeking for a long time :D .

Anyway, I made a video which may help anyone who tries hand walking.

z8Qc1Snnsf0

don't care about the music haha