Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Age is No Barrier to 86yr-old Lady Gymnast

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Johanna QUAAS, Germany’s oldest (86) top senior gymnast competes on parallel bars at the 89th JAHNTURNFEST, 2011, August in the Jahn City of Freyburg (Saxony-Anhalt)

kje6vKKpK14

Just incredible. How many of us trained as hard today?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

RatioFitness

I can only hope that I am still doing things like that at 86!!! Very inspirational!

But to answer your question, I trained MUCH harder than her today. :P

Coach Sommer
... But to answer your question, I trained MUCH harder than her today :P ...

Where's your video? 8)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alvaro Antolinez

Wow! I´m going to try that rutine but I don´t think I am able to finish it... :? .

This Competition is held every year in Freyburg where the father of gymnastics lived and died (Freyburg). Its always in the end of august and one of the main events for non competitive (high level) gymnasts. If you like gymnastics and visit Germany in august, you should come :D

There are also competitions for non gymnasts, for example an athletic test called Hans-Fischer-Test (http://www.hans-fischer-test.de)

truly amazing... this makes me feel a bit embarassed of my current level...and humbled as well...

it might be a bit cursi to say this but... EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE

all the best to everyone,

and as always, thank you coach for keeping us motivated :)

Paolo

• 2 weeks later...
Coach Sommer

Here is her floor routine. At her age no hard punch tumbling obviously; but it does contain a forward roll, backward roll to headstand, handstand, carthwheel, various leaps and jumps and even a pretty good cartwheel.

Extremely impressive. 8)

W2bOED5LzZw

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

At 86, Johanna is still continuing to improve, both in terms of overall strength as well as technical skills.

Here she is performing a more advanced version of her parallel bar routine. In addition to her regular skills, this routine contains two shoulder stands and she even presses out of one of the shoulderstands to a straddled elbow lever in the middle of the routine!

CTWo9EfQ4Hc

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

i must definitely show this to my mother who's always complaining about her being old and not able to do things at 53 years :)