Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 week camping, need help!

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

Well, the situation it this:

every year, i go with a familiar tradition in which we go to a place called San Juan, andis located aprox 200 km from my city. The situation is that we have to go there walking, yes, walking =)

I've been going several years, but those years i used to eat every kind of food...

Actually, i'm following a semipaleo schedule, in which i'm consuming 3500 kcal/day with p 20%,ch 40% ,

f 40%

i'm 6' and 155 lbs, or 181 and 70 kg... i workout 5 days a week, doing fsp, and fbe, in an schedule similar to killroy's.

here the problem is that every day, i'm suppossed to walk aprox 6-8 hours, in a 3.5 mph velocity....

and i want to have your opinion about the idea of increasing my macronutrient consumption in order to perform as i should perform, and not to get fatigated, os get a despomposition....

i though about increasing ch, and using lots of simple ch+ protein after each walking sesssion, which lasts aprox 2-2.5 hrs, but i wanted to have you opinion....

hope you have any idea of what be a good choice for the situation...

Thanks and greetings from Mexico

According to some online calculators, 250 to 300 calories per hour of walking at that speed. Uphill walking at your bodyweight and at that speed is slightly over 400/hr. I imagine you are going over varied ground and elevation, somewhat rough and smooth.

Bruno Cochofel
According to some online calculators, 250 to 300 calories per hour of walking at that speed. Uphill walking at your bodyweight and at that speed is slightly over 400/hr. I imagine you are going over varied ground and elevation, somewhat rough and smooth.

You might also have to take into account the load you will be carrying.

Very important is to be hydrated...

thanks for answering =)

so, according to my heigth and weigth, it's suppossed that i should be having around 4000 kcal a day?

what kind of carbs do you think may be the greates option?

i tough including fast carbs with high GI after each walking session, and protein before ....

How would you scheme it??

Aaron Griffin

I've been a backpacker for years. It's pretty common to estimate 5000 calories per day of hiking (assuming 8-10 hours of walking)

Nic Branson

Would also depend on altitude. If you're really concerned with your caloric intake for the trip, enough to ask for advice take into account that higher altitude can dramatically increase caloric needs.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.