Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

body transformation through gymnastic strength training

KRUDDY123

hey guys i know gymnasts look really in shape. but for the average joe can doing basic gymnastic exercise get in real good shape?

i hurt my shoulder so i was off training for along time, i then started off doing some body weight exercise/basic gymnastic exercise and seen o.k improvement to upper back and arms

but i am also limted on some of the execises i can do becuase of my shoulder, so this is going to limit my results strength wise and improvemnt to improving my physique

so the point of this point is for this question

how many of you seen some really good improvements to your physique from doing gymnastic strength exersises?

p.s this is a really good webiste =)

Alessandro Mainente

i speak for my experience..the biggest parts of my muscle i'm buildng up is for gymnastic training..

my back, pecs, shoulders and biceps increase in size and also if i'm losing steadily body fat (i can see it from abs and muscle definition)...i increase my weigth little by little, and i suppose is 100% muscle..

training is not the only one factor, nutrition pays a big role...by the way since i started train ring strength steadily the muscles become bigger also using weigthed exercises...i usually take the max reps between 3-6..where six is a great compromise between mass and strength..i do that with the only purpose of equilibrate my body now (the left arm is a little bit smaller than the rigth)...so when they will be at the same level i'll return to 3-5...

sure that if you want a great body shape you can use the gymnastic way, but it's not the fastest way

Alessandro Mainente

this is some photo of my body on the past summer...so was about 7-8 months ago...

Quick Start Test Smith

Dang, Alex, you look like a beast. You use strictly gymnastic stuff like the WODs?

What kind of training did you use for your neck? I've been doing 2x25 lying flexions with a weight plate (front and both sides) and extensions (with neck harness) and been seeing okay results, but my neck strength and size is still not what it should be.

Edit: Forgot to say, your build is very interesting. You and Sliz look very similar. You have the same look of density if you know what I mean. Very unlike the body of a body builder who literally looks like his muscles are puffed up instead of just being large.

Alessandro Mainente

hahah thank you...for my neck? i'm a breaker, i do a lot of headspin, now about 35-40 rounds without touch with hands...

since i've injurued my wrist i'm trying only static headbalance..not to bad now, i'm at 7-8 secs without hands on floor

for the rest yes only WOD...nothing more

Alessandro Mainente

heaspin in my opinion is the best way...by the way is breaking skill there are some powermoves wich can preprate the knee for the headspin as head windmill or babymills

you can start also practice only headstand and you will see the improvement..be careful, the volume must the progressive, inflammation to the neck can be behind the angle!!!

Quick Start Test Smith

I will start with headstand a few minutes a day and see how it goes. Do you actively tense your neck up when doing a headstand? Any positioning tips?

Alessandro Mainente

the basic idea of headstand is put the weigth on the upper part of the head so that there is unique line from butt to head, so do not stay on the front of head, basically at the beginning learn how to stay on head with both hands on floor in front of you...as you become proficient on this position extend your arms and stay only on the back of your hands not on the palm...

in this phase try to maintain the legs a little bit bent and after with the time spread and the hips opened..

when you can easy reach 30-40 seconds on this position you can start to slow down your legs and feel how you have to counterbalance the legs weigth with you butt's movement in backward direction...you have to hear when is the moment to take the butt back and when to restore it position...

when this phase becomes easy you can try tapping headspin...where you use your hands (there iso not a perfect hands position, for example i put them near my ears during the inital taps) to complete some round, you can make your tecnqique more clean when you got headspin but in the beginning the best tap position is in front of you doing a triangle with hand-head-hand...

is not important how many taps you use to complete one round but you have to get confidence with the rotation..

i prefer before twist the torso and the legs follow the movements, i discourage in my courses to kick with the legs to take speed because you can lose balance and it's not the best thing..

so start putting the hands down every 1/8 of round...doing many rounds

as you become stable you can pass to put the hands down at 1/4 of rounds

after 1/2 and after every 1 or 2 rounds...

at this point yuo are able to do some free headstand headspin...

as the number of "hands tappings" decreases you will be stronger (at the beginning is easy becomes tired) and you need less taps to do headspin...so if at the start to make practice you need 5-6 roounds, with the time you need 10-15 of tapping headspin

at the beginning slow down the legs will be very difficult but for your purpose is sufficient headspin with elevated legs

sorry for late reply guys my internet has been down and cheers for all of the replies.

bdk1786 i will checkout the diffent vids of slizzardman physique( hes a beast is,nt he lol)

looking well alex87 i defo gota give them headstand a try then lol

so what kinds of gymnastic exercises do you do?

Alessandro Mainente

i'm following GB WOD and i add more exercise depending on the plan i have to work in the day...

i love rings and pommel work so i focused on the skills of these apparatus, nothing more.

i progress througth the rings skill cutting the exercise in subsequence and after i unify them.

sure that before i follow the progression to prepare the connective structure