• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something to read before designing your own routine

Blairbob

Update --

Finally got something out on bodyweight programming:

The fundamentals of bodyweight strength training

Looks like it should be a good read but for some reason I cant open it, either the site is slow / overloaded or something. Do check and share :)

We are back up.

Thanks Braindx. Great article. Very well written. Simplifies a lot of things for us newbies.

That one part of flexion extension etc.. kinda went over my head.. maybe because I was a little tire, it was late OR maybe it can do with some "term" simplification or more illustration / examples.

• 5 months later...

Just want to thank you Braindx for this article.

I don't have BtGB yet so I train according to your template for now. Then , I'll buy the book and start the WOD.

Lots of good info on your site !

To note recently on something Steve said. Start out with only 3x a week possibly adding one more session a week every year.

Don't try training 5-6 days a week intensely.

To note recently on something Steve said. Start out with only 3x a week possibly adding one more session a week every year.

There is no solid basis for this recommendation as a blanket statement. The number of training sessions per week is highly dependent upon the intensity, volume and skill level of the workouts involved.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 4 weeks later...
Jonathan Nasman

Thank you braindx, this is the most comprehensive article on creating a bodyweight training program I've ever seen. I own BTGB and have been messing around with workouts for the past year and have made some decent progress. But I feel like I've been needing a solid guide to creating a training program and have yet to find one. Not anymore. :)