Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The best bicep curls for gymnastics

RatioFitness

I too used to believe the crap Sailor Venus stated and my arms never grew. the close-grip chin-ups built my back and the dips built my shoulders but not my arms. It wasn't until I was using concentrating on heavy curls and pushdowns that my arms grew. :D

Beginners should focus on compound movements but when the time comes they should start adding isolation stuff little by little. Its so silly to state that all machines are useless, even leg extensions and smith machines have their use for many athletes.

Most of us don't have an expert coach to guide and hand-spot us every little step, so we should use the stuff we have wisely.

Let's see how many ways we can say this -

It takes freeways, roads, streets and lanes to build a city. The body is no different.

Had a strongman friend of mine decide to try the no direct arm work route for a few months. He lost over an inch of diameter when he stopped working on curls in less than 3 months. If you want extra growth in that area then you will need to address it. Also to underline it again, strictly doing compound work will not address any specific weak links in your chain. At some point we will all need to spend some extra attention on muscles groups we might not wish to.