Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So weak on my HS!

Ivan Uzarevic1

Ivan Uzarevic1

Hello to all of you!!

I´m 30 years old and I weight 80kg..I´m in reasonable shape and able to do cca 10 Pull ups, 10 Dips etc..I´m following WOD´s for some time now and I´m experiencing great improvments in overall strength! There is one thing that cought my eye though, that is my HS..I´m terribly weak on them..My max hold time on BOX!! HS is just 40 sec..On Wall HS is cca 30 sec..I´m working on my shoulder flexibility regularly, and I´m able to hold Wall HS only few inches from the wall! Now, I guess I need some additional work for my HS (apart from work which I receive from WOD)..I just don´t know how to do that! What volume, intensity, frequency, progression (Box or Wall HS)..so I would really appreciate if any of you could share some advice on this because HS is really the soul of what we do here and I´m really motivated to work on them!! Tnx in advance :D

As part of your warm up do 3x wall HS at 50-75% of your max. time. Gradually increase the time until you can hit the one minute mark.

Ivan Uzarevic1

I´ve read previous posts regarding to my problem so I did following: I set my timer on 10 min..during that period I did 5 rounds of 15sec Wall HS and 2 rounds of 10 sec Wall HS..so total time on my hands was: 95 sec!! Almost every round (except first 3) was with max effort! I don´t know is this good or bad but that´s how it is for now..I´ll do this routine two times a week + HS work when it comes in WOD..please let me know if I should change something!! I´ll keep posting my progress here after month or two..

Ivan Uzarevic1
As part of your warm up do 3x wall HS at 50-75% of your max. time. Gradually increase the time until you can hit the one minute mark.

Tnx for reply! I´ll definately do that in my WU for WOD on regular basis..Should I add extra HS work two times a week as described in previous post?!

At that stage, i personally have no issue with what feels like max work.

On your other days you might try what i suggested as well during warm up.

edit-you posted at the same time as me, yes, keep doing what you are 2x a week.

Ivan Uzarevic1
At that stage, i personally have no issue with what feels like max work.

On your other days you might try what i suggested as well during warm up.

edit-you posted at the same time as me, yes, keep doing what you are 2x a week.

You helped me a lot!! And of course, when you hold HS for cca 15 sec. like I do, every work is max effort work :lol: ..