Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the Gymnastic Body Table of Contents

Coach Sommer

Well it seems we will get another excerpt of the book, first two being 'Building the Olympic Body...' and 'Developing the Hanging Leg Lift' presumably edited slightly, with 'Gymnastics as Conditioning- the journey'. Any chance of giving us an ETA on that Coach?

Cheers,

Ed

looks excellent, brilliantly constructed.

Would it be possible to get some sort of postage and packaging deal for those who live in the UK and are interested in buying some extreme rings aswell as the book?

Thank you, enjoy the fruits of your success Mr Sommer

Progressions, Progressions, Progressions

Building the Gymnastic Body is designed to accomodate all levels of physical development; from the rawest, weakest beginner to the advanced bodyweight trainee. As such each of the families of movements (i.e. dip variations or HSPU variations etc) are carefully arranged according to the difficulty of the exercises. The movements are rated by difficulty on a .5 - 5 system; with .5 being the very easiest variation all the way up to a 5 which would be the most demanding. All exercises are taught and presented in a deliberate progressive manner. Strength is then built by systematically advancing through the variations of that particular movement family.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, I probably didn't ask the correct question. Will there also be suggestions on sets/reps for beginners, rather than just a progression of exercises? Something for the real gymnastics beginner? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Will the Book Contain Workout Structure Information?

CHAPTER TEN - Program Design Options, Static Strength Training 171, Basic Strength Training 175, Integrated Training 178, Managing Intensity 179, Group Training 182

Chapter Ten contains the information you are looking for. For a review of the full Table of Contents click here.

In addition, once all of the Pre-Arrival Sale orders have been shipped out in late October, I will also begin posting the GB WODs on the main page where all of these concerns will be taken care of for you as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

This is my first post. How or where to order the book? Can I pay thru paypal? Is that Yang Wei in the front cover? Tomorrow is my birthday and I want something like this book as a gift for myself... :D Thanks!!!

This is my first post. How or where to order the book? Can I pay thru paypal? Is that Yang Wei in the front cover? Tomorrow is my birthday and I want something like this book as a gift for myself... :D Thanks!!!

Happy birthday :)

for those people who live in an apartment or a house where there's no place to hang the rings....how would u use the rings or what's a temporary replacement for rings? Thanks!

for those people who live in an apartment or a house where there's no place to hang the rings....how would u use the rings or what's a temporary replacement for rings? Thanks!

Playground equipment in parks, *solid* tree branches, some power racks, pullup bars, are all ideas I've seen circulated. Swing-sets work pretty well from my experience as do tall power racks.