Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to achieve maximum body control?

juliusoh

Richard Duelley

Practice A LOT! And I am sure the Bboy shown has crashed many, many times. If you really want to break like that you need to find some kind of local club (not a night club type club but a group of people with the same interests kind of club), then just go play!

Aaron Griffin
are there any shortcuts? or accelerated training plans? anything that will help me improve faster?

Practice every day. Total up 10,000 hours of practice

Alessandro Mainente

as a bboy i can tell you that your body structure can affect your progress, on the other hand the biggest part of the bboys try to larn by attempts...i'm now not in the same opinion as them because i prefer to split a moves and then combine the steps...you need a lot of practice, but not stupid practice...most of bboys spend time to try moves also if the moves doesen't comes...try only for perfect attempt!!!

when I was around 15 years of age, back in 1982-1986, Breakdancing was very popular around the world. No Internet, no ebooks, NOTHING, except movie with Ozon and Turbo, and Beatstreet, and hard work. If someone of my friends has a VHS video (lucky ones), we rewind 1000 times to see what the hell he is doing! I also do it, and windmill was my favorite. Now in 40 I can still do it (little dirty, but...). Niftyvt is right. Practice a lot ! In that time, only exercises I do is windmill. I try movement every day with full speed, and yes, a lots of crash go with that, but in age of 15 we counting only success. The first thing I do in that time is to achieve speed from static preparation position and then go to specific move. First start position: lay on the ground, chest face floor, spread legs, left elbow on abs (like in elbow lever), second hand outside.Then with left leg go to swing full speed, keep the legs spread, like propeller and try to back in first position on elbow. Second start position (half movement compare to first position): back on the floor, try with right leg to swing like in backspin and go to elbow position as a first start position. Every time I try to move further with control, and then one circle, two, three, and one day, voila, I was flying around ! This kind of learning process you can apply to many movements you see in bb ! When you master the basics, all other is just upgrade through attempts, success and errors ! Because it is dancing, you must create your own style ! :wink: Hope that helps ! :)