Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche training video

Gregor

http://s4.tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo= ... Ii3g%3D%3D}}

Here is a video that I made. It's for shoulders and biceps strength especialy for planche!

In video you may see, that body is to arched, but it's just optical, because legs are not on the higher surface (it should be aprox. 15 cm higher).

1. watch on a body position

2. you can use also parralets, rings

3. you can lower more or less

4. be careful if you go to low for faceplant :roll:

5. always push only with hands!!!!

I usualy do 3x5 reps and last one is 5 seconds holds.

• Upvote 2

http://s4.tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo= ... Ko4g%3D%3D}}

Another video of 2 secods straddle planche.

1.You can see clearly at the begining that I'm turning my elbows to lock position!

2. lift first upper body and then legs (prevents you to be arched).

Tips:

it's easier from straddle seat (in video I didn't think for seat :oops: , so don't criticize my seat :oops: :lol::lol::lol: ).

I'm doing it 3 times a weak every second day, if you mean for the first video.

You can do planche first, if you are scared you'll be to tired to make quality work on a planche.

Nic Scheelings

Cool Vids Gregor,

I think i've seen that done with feet on a small Swiss ball, what do u think of that idea?

Gregor, in the first video, I would actually consider your back and shoulder to be super hollow to an extreme.

Is there a reason you keep your head tucked in?

Nice straddle planche.

Yes, I had a problems with arching and we want to repair the mistake. About Super hollowing, if legs are higher it doesn't look so hollow.

You said 15 cm. Is that like the best position for the feet? Does higher make it harder? Or easier if lower?

Also, lets say if you work on the front lever, etc. Monday

Will the elbows be fine if you work planches on Tusday?

I presume, correct me if wrong, that Gregor means your feet should be at shoulder height as that is the body position for a planche

I presume, correct me if wrong, that Gregor means your feet should be at shoulder height as that is the body position for a planche

Yes 8)

You said 15 cm. Is that like the best position for the feet? Does higher make it harder? Or easier if lower?

Also, lets say if you work on the front lever, etc. Monday

Will the elbows be fine if you work planches on Tusday?

It's harder if it's higher, but I have higher beacuse of perfect position for planche.

Elbows should be fine, if you have strong enough you can do it at the same day. I personly don't see any problems with elbows for front lever....

• 1 month later...
John-Paul Potter

Have been training planche now for just over a month (only once a week at the moment) and have gone from falling flat on my face on my first attempt to holding a solid 20 sec tucked planche. After my first session i couldnt get over the amount of muscle that are in use to correctly hold position and this is were my question comes from. I notice that now and then while after about 10sec i get a sharp pain in my right lat but as soon as i stop the pain goes and i have no noticable discomfort after. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best regards JPP

• 4 weeks later...
John-Paul Potter
Just muscle working, nothing serious.

Hi pain is still persisting is this simply cramping due to lack of muscle strength and is it usual to get it one side rather than both? And will it disipate as muscle gets stronger??

Best regards JPP

matthew.percussion

I have a similar pain that I get during Handstands. I'm not sure if yours and mine are the same JPP but, I have found that thoroughly stretching seems to help a bit. As well as head placement. It I try to look straight down(therefore arching my back) it seems to intensify. Keeping your spine less arched may help you like it helped me.

Just a thought...

John-Paul Potter
I have a similar pain that I get during Handstands. I'm not sure if yours and mine are the same JPP but, I have found that thoroughly stretching seems to help a bit. As well as head placement. It I try to look straight down(therefore arching my back) it seems to intensify. Keeping your spine less arched may help you like it helped me.

Just a thought...

Hi Matthew thanks for your response, will try to spend some extra time stretching that area prior to exercise see if that helps. I do try to keep head and neck straight so dont think that is the problem....as for my back i am only at the tucked progression at the moment so not strong enough to do flat tucked :(

Just dont want to push training to much and risk injury (which i have been prone to in the past) :oops:

Best regards JPP

Is it better to learn by pointing your fingers at your toes like you do? It's a lot harder.

It's not necessarily...But if you want to hold planche on rings (push form maltese to planche for example)....Here is alot of biceps working also.

• Upvote 2

Is it better to learn by pointing your fingers at your toes like you do? It's a lot harder.

It's not necessarily...But if you want to hold planche on rings (push form maltese to planche for example)....Here is alot of biceps working also.

I see... I would be really happy to just learn a planche on the floor. I'm having trouble with the my tuck planche still, I can hold a straight-arm frogstand with good form for thirty secounds, but whenever I try the tuck planche with my hips shoulder level ,I always slowly lower to my knees or I hold it but not at shoulder level.

matthew.percussion

If you wanted to be able to do a planche with fingers pointed toward your toes does it help to first get the strength to do it with fingers to side or front first?

Or should I start retraining with fingers toward toes?

If you wanted to be able to do a planche with fingers pointed toward your toes does it help to first get the strength to do it with fingers to side or front first?

Or should I start retraining with fingers toward toes?

More you rotate, more diffrent muscles are working and in diffrent intesity

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic