Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FSPs- Build Dynamic Strength?

Evilllamas

Hi

My routine is based on the Killroy one (FSP's every day, then FBE's (pushing and pulling days) I've got dynamic pulling and pushing, but my main core exercises are Front levers and L sits (Do L sit once a week, Front lever 3 times).

I thought this was all well and good- but I've been reading that static positions are only going to build strength in those positions, so I've started to integrate hanging leg raises, even though I don't like em!

So I'm now doing 2 front levers a week, L sit's once, and hanging leg raises another day (They seem to be very similar) (I'm also doing front lever pulls)

Are dynamic exercises essential to develop strength, or will I be fine without em, I just do another set of front levers a week?

Quick Start Test Smith

One note about the L-sits + HLL: The L-sit develops strength in the hardest position of the HLL and has a huge carry over to it as far as I know.

yeah, true. The opposite isn't true, however, as I can do many HLL's on stal bars but can't even lift my legs up the ground in L-seat.

Hollow hold is also one that I feel would be benefictical to dynamic exercises. Doing it weighted is even better.

So shall I cut the hanging leg lifts and focus more on L sit, since I'm not terrible at L sit, but don't like hanging leg lifts much, and can't see much use for specifically dynamic core strength.

As for hollow holds...

I can hold one for quite a while.... but really don't like em... they burn like nothing else I've ever done!