Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Video Showcases Ring Strength Development over Last 5 Years

Coach Sommer

New Forum Member's Video Showcases His Ring Strength Development Over the Last Five Years

New forum member, kolimechkov, is a competitive gymnast in Europe and has a very nice website that I enjoyed browsing and encourage all of you to browse as well. I especially enjoyed a video montage that he had put together that showcased the strength gains he has made on rings from 2003 to 2008. The changes in his physique over this period of time are particularly striking.

41_21ee1_6680038.jpg

1kDkySHYKmk

Click here to go to his blog.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hey Levski, can you read any of the text on the website? I'm trying to figure out how old this gent is? At first I thought we was well into his college years but now I'm not too sure. I'm thinking 19 or 20.

Impressive indeed.

Welcome to the forum Lewski!

He must be 21, beacuse I saw year 1987 below the picture in "ABOUT ME"

Impresive transformation!!

PS:Here you can see where can focus training brings you!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Richard Duelley

Wow that is an amazing increase in strength, well done! After watching the video I took some time to surf around the site and I found a few training videos and one spot in particular had me a bit confused.

Here are the videos I am talking about:

http://kolimechkov.hit.bg/video_trainingEN.html

In the 'Part 1' video starting at 2:10 he holds the rings in an interesting way. It looks like he sticks his arms through the straps, and it looks like it makes the cross easier for him to do.

Could someone elaborate about this grip technique for me, pros, cons or anything?

The reason I ask as is that my gym at school (Virginia Tech) has a ring pulley set up thats great but I also want to be able to work my cross progressions at home. And honestly the pulley system + all the weights we have at the gym (not much) is getting to easy but I still cannot do a full cross pull without a spotter (no one to spot at home :( ).

Thanks

Basically, by bracing the ring across his forearm it lightens the load some.

Put your feet up on a block and you can train cross pulls with your body piked starting in an L support.

If you go through straps, it makes it easier...Simple as that :) it's all about physics->imagine like "mega-super" false grip :lol:

Hi, can you describe your trainings, strength trainings?

I'm asking you because, I have similar interest than you and I may find something interesting from you...You never know when you'll learn something new. :wink:

• 1 month later...
kolimechkov%20new%20rings%202.jpgSUPPORT RINGS

stefan%20kolimechkov%20rings.JPG

Could you do something like this with the x-treme rings, or would it not work because the straps don't actually attach to the rings?

Of course. The straps in the photos above do not attach to the rings either.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks for the reply, Coach.

I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. :D

Love to watch the progress over 5 years video that is just insane and its damn good motivation!! Now i "just" gotta do the same :D

Guest Valentin

Hi

WOW sweet. Some sweet transformation indeed. First time i have seen this thread.

Blair yes i can read the website. He is 21 as indicated in the about me section.

• 7 months later...

Great!

What about ring work without pully system? I'm asking because I saw a lot of pully work and almost none ring work....