Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre-Arrival Sale will Begin Shortly!!!

Coach Sommer

Forthcoming Special Gymnastic Bodies Package Deals

Yes, there will be a variety of package deals. I am planning to begin the Pre-Arrival Sale this week once I finish wrestling the online store shipping module into submission.

The packages that will be available are as follows:

i. Pkg 1 – XR + book - $99 (saves $17)

ii. Pkg 2 – XR + Complete DVD Set - $110 (saves $17)

iii. Pkg 3 – XR + Book + 5 DVDs - $144 (saves $27)

iv. Pkg 4 – GB Book + 5 DVDs - $88 (saves $11)

v. Pkg 5 – 2 pairs of XR - $122 (saves $22)

Individual item costs will be as follows:

i. Xtreme Rings - $72

ii. Building the Gymnastic Body - $44 (Post Pre-Arrival Sale)

iii. 1 DVD - $20

iv. 3 DVDs - $44

v. 5 DVDs - $55

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coach Sommer

• George Launchbury

• G00SE

• golfwolf

Will the rings go up to $72 when pre sale begins, or post pre-book sale?And what do you expect domestic shipping to cost for the packages?

Also, assuming pre-sale begins this week does that mean the book is ready to ship? If not and I order either Package 1, 2, or 3, will the rings ship first or will they wait until all the pieces are ready to ship?

Thanks.

Do you have any additional details on the DVD set? You mentioned they're divided into the five main areas of focus, but I'd like to get an idea of how much and what exactly is on each DVD before I dish out the money for them.

Is there anything other than demonstrations of the different strength/conditioning exercises, for instance, flexibility or joint preparation/injury prevention exercises? Do the DVDs have menus, where you can select which clips you want to view? Are there actual workouts/routines or anything like that? I remember at one point a few years ago, you said you were filming a routine called the Hungarian. Will that be on one of the DVDs? Thanks.

I can't wait for the book and the DVDs but I would also like to know exactly what is in them before spending the money (and the cost of international postage and possibly customs charges). Will there be routines listed and, if so, will they be from absolute beginner level, i.e. for those who can't yet do a tuck planche or muscle up. Will they be appropriate for women wanting to build strength and gynmastic conditioning?

George Launchbury

golfwolf, Sevrikus,

I've not ignored your questions - only Coach can really answer those presently.

Frodocious,

From the back cover:

Whether you are a competitive athlete looking for an edge, a fitness enthusiast or just beginning a healthier lifestyle, Building the Gymnastic Body is the answer you have been searching for.

Coach may or may not be making a table of contents available in the immediate future, so you may have to wait and see on that ...as I imagine he is rather busy presently!!! If he does, it might not be until after the pre-arrival sale. As to whether it's suitable for women? ...I can't think of any reasons why not.

The following postage info might be subject to correction by Coach, but going by the items he currently sells on eBay, and the prices he has given, here is the info from the USPS website regards international delivery, which is at a flat rate. In an erlier post Coach stated that the Book alone would be £12 postage, so this is probably coming in an envolope.

USPS Priority Mail International Flat-Rate - All Other Countries (as of 16 Sep 2008)

> Envelope: $11.95

> Regular box: $38.95

> Large box: $49.95

Any charges added by customs would have to be something you find out by yourself, or some one else can post info here if they buy a lot of stuff from overseas? In the UK I believe that on certain items (and I think that includes fitness equipment and probably books) you are probably looking at VAT and import duty. I could not say what the lower limit for incurring the charges might be, or what they currently are. Sometimes items get through the net, but you can't bank on it!!

Regards,

George.

P.s. Coach - please edit or delete any incorrect information from this post directly ...don't wait for me to do it if there are any errors!?

Cheers George,

I realise that Coach is busy man, but I'm sure many people would really appreciate a Table of Contents before buying the book. Import Duty in the UK usually starts on goods priced at £17 or more, so it is likely (unless I'm one of the lucky ones) that by buying a package I would have to pay some form of import duty and associated handling charges (which can add up to a chunk of cash) which is why I would like to see a Table of Contents before ordering the book.

I would hope that the book's Table of Contents and a detailed list of the DVD features would be made available before the sales begin. Otherwise, how do we know what we're getting?

Edited to remove a comment that may have been taken to be rude/offensive. Sorry.

Sverikus,

What your saying is understandable, but there are a couple of things to consider.

Firstly, look at all the information on the site, the articles and on the forum. There is quantity and it is quality. Expanding upon this, look at the exercises Coach Sommer has presented they're pretty unique! And all this stuff is free!

Second, look at how many questions, queries and general posts Coach Sommer makes. He is truly involved in the forum, personally, I haven't seen anyone who runs a site as involved in their forum as Coach Sommer is in his.

Ed

I most definitely agree with ed x

Also Coach already gave the title of the focus of each dvd: static strength, pressing, pulling, core and legs.

here is what I think we'll see in each-i'm missing a lot i'll bet

I also think that there is going to be a lot of what we have already seen in the forum- awesome-seemingly impossible conditioning moves that have 3-6 exercises that will transform us from mere mortals into lean mean gymnastic machines. I doubt there is are any exercises Coach will give us that will not have an extra 2-5 levels that increase the difficulty and overall effectiveness

Coach please feel free to correct any info that I may have guessed incorrectly about

static strength- strength needed to hold body in non-moving positions-planche, handstand, L sit, levers etc.

pressing-moves focused on pressing-i.e.press handstands and will use pushing muscles -all sorts of dips -coach says his athletes do 15 diff variants :shock: , push ups

pulling pull ups, rows, yewkis, and much more

Core very important and expect true functional core exercises and most likely will not need a big blue ball. Many people forget that an exceptional strong core is necessary for moves like the planche-you arms and chest may be strong-but if your core is too weak-esp that back-then you'll never have a straight body- the same goes for straight arm pressing-i know this first hand-i'm good at bent arm presses but fail miserably at straight arm stuff

legs expect exercises that build up a lot of strength regualr and dynamic while keeping the legs in proportion to the rest of the body-if done right i bet our legs will become light coiled springs dense and explosive but not massive like the tree trunks bodybuilders call their legs

if done right i bet our legs will become light coiled springs dense and explosive but not massive like the tree trunks bodybuilders call their legs

haha g00se

Natural Tendencies

In my experience, most girls/women would be very hard pressed to become overly muscular regardless of how hard they tried. As you no doubt saw during the Olympics, there are all shapes and sizes engaged in gymnastics training. Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson, both of whom are outstanding and yet come from completely opposite ends of the physique spectrum, engage in high level conditioning and yet the final product of that conditioning was significantly different physiologically for each of them. Whether male or female, training simply helps you to better express and expand upon the natural physique tendencies that you were already born with.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

I'm trying to figure out what to order and when. Can you please help me with the following info:

Will the rings go up to $72 when pre sale begins, or post pre-book sale?

What do you expect domestic shipping to cost for the packages?

If I order either Package 1, 2, or 3, will the rings ship first or will they wait until all the pieces are ready to ship?

Thanks.

The designer has been working all week to get the final adjustments to the last needed module completed so that the online store can be fully functional. While they may not be ordered quite yet, the various items and special package deals have now been loaded into the catalog.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

So when exactly can we reserve the book and/or package deal. I only ask because the catalog says you can purchase the items now and get them when they are in stock-plus there the date of October 20 is posted as when everything should be in stock-is that the date-you know THEE DATE we've all been waiting for? So close :D yet so far :( .

I also can't wait to see all of the other projects you have in store-I know there are the body levers-but you said in one of the posts that others projects will be completed before you release the levers-this is so amazing.

Have a great weekend coach.

George Launchbury

GOOSE,

Coach is aiming to have the pre-arrival sale up and running ASAP. Expect it to be plainly obvious when this happens, as there will definitely be an anouncement!!! :) I'll take this opportunity to give another reminder that persons purchasing at the pre-arrival sale are guaranteed a copy of the book from the first print run.

pistol33,

The various items and special package deals have now been loaded into the catalog, however they will not be available to order until the final tweaks to the store have been implemented by the web developers.

Hope that helps,

George.

I have to ask again.

Will the rings go up to $72 when pre sale begins, or post pre-book sale?

What do you expect domestic shipping to cost for the packages?

If I order either Package 1, 2, or 3, will the rings ship first or will they wait until all the pieces are ready to ship?

Thanks.

golfwolf, he answered your question(s) twice already.

Package Savings

Actually, once Building the Gymnastic Body becomes available, the Xtreme Rings sale price of $55 as an individual item will be discontinued and they will return to their normal price of $72. They will however continue to be available at a discounted price when purchased as part of various packages.

golfwolf, he answered your question(s) twice already.
Package Savings

Actually, once Building the Gymnastic Body becomes available, the Xtreme Rings sale price of $55 as an individual item will be discontinued and they will return to their normal price of $72. They will however continue to be available at a discounted price when purchased as part of various packages.

Not really. This is a little vague and was posted before I ever asked any questions. I was looking for Coach Sommer to clarify (and define "becomes available") if the price of the rings will increase when the books are on pre-sale (which I think actually happens before they are available to be shipped or even printed) or after the initial pre-sale is over.

How would you interpret his post? I plan on ultimately getting at least the rings and the books, but when the price bump occurs and when they would ship (if ordered as a package) would affect when and how I order everything. Getting the rings now, and ordering the book when it's pre-released may not be much more than doing the ring/book combo. If the book is printed and actually ships in Decdember, I may just order the rings now and book alone when it's pre-released.

Hope my insane thinking makes sense.