Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted HLL

Gavin Strelitz

Gavin Strelitz

Hi guys,

I am moving on to weighted HLL and I was wondering how much weight to add initially. Also, if anyone knows a good product of adjustable weights I can use this would be greatly appreciated, as most of the ones I can find over here are fixed weight only.

Cheers

Joshua Naterman

Gotta make it, but fill a bag with sand and fasten it to your shoes or something. Or wear shoes if you normally wear nothing on your feet. 1 lb at a time is plenty, use it for a week or two and then go up another lb. Take it nice and easy, there is no such thing as moving up in weight too slowly. There is always such a thing as moving up too quickly.

There are those tiny weight plates that coach Sommer talks about in the book (14lb, 1/2lb, etc.) and if i remember correctly he said this was probably the best way to do it so you are not increasing your weight by a rediculous amount each time you increase it

Gavin Strelitz

All good suggestions, thanks. I will probably make my own with sand. My gym doesn't have any straps/belts to use for the small weight plates. I can try and find some straps maybe.

Cheers again for responding.