Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Playing with one arm-hand pushups.

Blairbob

I know Pavel loves these ( actually one arm one leg ), and I will admit they are fun but I honestly don't train for them, if ever. I did read a boast on a thread where somebody said they could do 70+ but no idea on form and saw a lot of ppl over a dozen. I can't remember how many I used to do. I'll say I'm under 10 on each just to guess.

However, I was playing with them at the request of someone I was chatting with. I never really followed a program to get them since I got them when I was a teenager. I think we just did them and that was that. We did at least a dozen if not 2 or 3 of different kinds of pushups probably.

Anyways, I notice hand directly under the breastbone/solarplexus is more difficult than when the hand is off center or under the shoulder.

If any of the other mods can think of a better place for this, let's move it there. I thought about basic strength and community as well and just gave up.

George Launchbury

I would have thought the mechanics of having the hand under the breastbone would be much the same as hands-touching push-ups in that they change the muscles used and make the exercise harder.

Ha ha - when I've seen people doing great numbers of one-armed push-ups it's usually a case of supporting themselves on one hand (really widely spaced, along with their feet) and dipping their head up and down furiously. :)

There's a lot to be said for 'just doing things'. Too many people (myself included) spend too much time planning.

Aushion Chatman

George, the legs spread wide "Rocky Balboa" OAPush is not legit IMO...A true One Armed Push-Up should have the same body alignment as a two handed Push-Up.

Jim, over at Beastskills just made a nice one arm pushup article. Honestly I thought there might be some lack of form in Rocky's but just a different form like Jack Lalanne's.

• 1 month later...