Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many days can one train in a week.

Phil O'malley

Phil O'malley

I have seen conflicting advice on this site and elsewhere but what are poeples opinions on how many days per week i can train for strength. There seems to be an emphasis on rest days. I have caught the training bug and am motivated to do some element of training everyday, will this have a detrimental effect in the long term?

There are actually several ways you can do it according to Coach. The first way is to go M/T/TH/F and rest Wednesday Saturday and Sunday. The second is M/W/F with a break on Tu/Th/Sat/Sun. But the main thing you have to keep in mind is you have to listen to yuor body. I thought i was able to do the first example. it turns out it made me very tired and i wasnt able to do my best. The second example i did not like becasue iw as resting too long. So now i just work out every other day and rest every other day. However, i listen to my body. I did 15 minutes of handstand work last week, and that proved to be too much so i took the next four days off because two of them were rest days anyway, but on my workout days i was just too weak.

But those are your basic workout plans. One thing i cannot stress enough becasue you are a beginner DO NOT OVER WORK YOURSELF!!

You always end up getting hurt and setting your progress further back.

Hope this helped

-Ian

Ian is right the main thing is don't over work yourself. There is really no one right way, rather there are many ways that seem to work. To some degree its a personal matter. You can even work to exhaustion and then rest, and that works well for some.

One idea i find interesting is from Dan John who says every thing works for 40 days.

Bruno Cochofel

Besides the days you work I find really helpful to help me recover on the "rest days" to do some mobility work and maybe use the foam roller.

But yes, it all comes to listen to your body and know when you've add enough...

0 to 100. :D

I suggest starting with 3 and then adding one at a time.

And you could do some jogging in your off days.

Champions train 11 to 14 times per week.

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

well, personally, i usually train 5 days in a week, resting mondays and fridays....

these last weeks, there has been a lot of work to do in the school, lots of exams, homeworks, proyects, so i usually am tired, or just don't have time for training....

so these last weeks i have trained 4 days a week ( tu/thur/sat/sun)

but i'd like to go back to the past schedule....

and also a think there's a lot of reason in the say "do not overwork yourself" , these are wise words....

greetings from Mexico....