Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front Lever Question

rangerid

Hi everyone

I have been doing tuck lever and I have been able to hold it for about 32 seconds max. When it gets to about 20 seconds, my arms feel like they are going to be ripped from my shoulders. I usually end up getting out of the lever because my arms hurt too much. Is this normal or something that I will eventually get used to or something else?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

i belive everyone feels this when they begin training the front lever. i certainly did. it takes a while for the posterior delts to adapt to the unique demands the front lever places on them. after about a month you wont feel this anymore

For static strength only training, I would recommend dropping your front lever static hold down to 16 seconds for the next 4-6 weeks. After that time you may re-establish a new half maximum static hold for the tuck front lever or experiment with advanced tuck front levers.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Proposed Static Hold is Too Long

For static strength only training, I would recommend dropping your front lever static hold down to 16 seconds for the next 4-6 weeks. After that time you may re-establish a new half maximum static hold for the tuck front lever or experiment with advanced tuck front levers.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

hmm okay, but I read your article and it said I should acheive at least 60 seconds before progressing to the next level?

60s of work but I think each attempt should not be max reps. That's what I'm getting or think is implied. This also could be due to the fact you are coming into pain from these so it could be " too much, too soon. "

Okay thanks for the help guys.

But if i only train in say 50% of my max hold, how will I know when I have hit 60 seconds and it's time to move onto the next progression?

Rangerid, what I believe they mean is that lets say your max hold right now is 20 secs, then you should be training with 10 sec holds. Do a few sets of this and then bump up your 50% hold a few secs, like holding for 12 or 13 secs. Just gradually do this every work out or so until you build the strength for the full hold with out the dangerous type of pain.

Rangerid, what I believe they mean is that lets say your max hold right now is 20 secs, then you should be training with 10 sec holds. Do a few sets of this and then bump up your 50% hold a few secs, like holding for 12 or 13 secs. Just gradually do this every work out or so until you build the strength for the full hold with out the dangerous type of pain.

ohh yea i get it, thanks a lot guys for the help. =D