Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

need workout help

Guest Demond Thompson

Guest Demond Thompson

First of all, this site is so ridiculously informative, I just had to make mention of it before I got started.

First let me state my goals, then I'll ask my question.

Goals

Front Lever (currently on Tuck for 45 sec 1st set)

Planche (currently on Tuck Planche and 2 sec at most)

Free Handstand (longest is 5 sec or so

10 Pistols (currently at 1 per leg)

Kettlebell juggling (I do this for my conditioning)

Here's what my week looks like on paper

Monday-Wed-Fri

Lever work

Planche Work

Handstand kickups all day

Pistols 4 sets 1 per leg (GTG-style)

Kettlebell Juggling

Tues-Thurs

Joint Mobility

Sprints and tuck jumps for metcon

Practice Handstand kickups

I also do dynamic stretching before and work on splits after workouts.

Now, to my question. Are doing planche progressions and handstand work too much pressing for one day? After reading how to transition from wall to free handstand I feel like I have more of an idea how to get what I want out of handbalancing. If one has to go, then goodbye planche progressions. Also, how do Lever work factor in, if at all?

Thanks for your help. If this is in the wrong category, I apologize.

Honestly sir, everyone's body responds differently so you will have to pay close attention to what your's is telling you. For example, if I do a workout and I am too sore to workout for morethan 2 days, then I will tone it down. I also keep a log so I know what I can cut out and what not.

No, planche work and HS is probably not too much work. You'll figure this out though.

Honestly, upping that HS is far more important now than upping your tuck planche time.

If the most you can do is a tuck planche for 2s, you might want to think about dropping down to a frog stand or a straight arm frog stand. I'm pretty sure you can do a planche lean pushup position but dunno.

Just do a set of planche, then a set of lever. Adjust them so you are roughly working the same amount of time per each progression. Or start on a different progression in a different area.

Guest Demond Thompson

I appreciate all your help. I think I'm going to go back to frog stand and work on it with straight arms. Alternating that with the tuck lever sounds like the best course of action. I don't know what a planche lean pushup is though, but I'll find it through google I'm sure. Thanks for your help and patience.