Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hypertrophy based ring training?

Timy7

So my goals are coming along fairly well skillwise, but I still am not as muscular as I would like. I am lean dont get me wrong, and I am eating a caloric surplus of the right foods, so leads me to believe its my training.

I know alot of what can be done on rings is too intense to increase the volume to aid hypertrophy....

so what would you guys do if you wanted to add about 10-15lbs of upper body muscle and you wanted to use just rings/bodyweight stuff?

I know weighted chins and dips are great but no weight, and I want to try and do this with just my bodyweight.

All ideas are greatly appreciated.

I was thinking of doing 10x3 of the main FBE, 2-3 times a week.

or maybe 8x8?

Alessandro Mainente

if i'm not worng i thant you can also train with gm mehod and with the rings simply using a range of reps wich is different depending from your goal. as the gymnast follow the strength goal, you can use a range of 8-10 for 2-3 sets (reps to gain more muscle mass and also use some end-sent tecnique to improve the stress on the muscle as x-reps or continuing to decrease the weigth..

i think that the bodyweigth training can increase your muscle if you use the big composed exercise adding weigth if necessary as the push up, hspu, ring dips, pull up etc, these are the same exercises that some trainers use to gain muscles faster...

If you were in a caloric surplus, you would at least be getting fatter. Are you getting fatter?

This is pretty spot on. I doubt you are eating enough for growth. Everyone thinks that they eat a ton but in reality are barely taking in even maintenance calories. Log your calories see how many you eat each day then start adding about 300 calories every week until you see growth. Training is very rarely the reason for a lack of muscle growth.

I am much stronger now that I was when I was at 165 (150 now) yet I am 15 lbs lighter, some might say that I am lighter so gymnastics is easier now but exercise like the deadlift and stone lifting are also stronger (bench is down and so is overhead pressing but I stopped all pressing work). The only difference is the amount of food I eat.

My base to stay at this weight is 1700 calories, I have been at 2500-3000 for 6 weeks, and no gain in weight or size.

Visible 8 pack, throughout and I am logging what I eat and im definitely hitting the above numbers.

I could start lifting weights again, but I really enjoy this sort of training....

My base to stay at this weight is 1700 calories, I have been at 2500-3000 for 6 weeks, and no gain in weight or size.

Visible 8 pack, throughout and I am logging what I eat and im definitely hitting the above numbers.

I could start lifting weights again, but I really enjoy this sort of training....

So let me get this straight you've been at 3000 calories for six weeks with no improvement.....and are wondering why you aren't gaining? If the amount you are taking in isn't working add more calories, this means that if for more than one week there are no gains in weight you need to add 300-400 calories and ride that out until it stops to work.

Michael Miskelly

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3798&start=75

You might get something out of reading through this topic. Slizz talks about really high volume of low reps(3) of your 6 rep max for hypertrophy on page 6. If your current plan isn't working you could give it a go. The only problem is that if you don't have weights it will be hard to find your 6 rep max. You could try to figure a progression and time under tension like full lay front pulls at 3-0-3, for example, that you can only sustain for 6 reps and try run with that. I don't really know if that would work or not but its the only way I can think to make it harder without weight.

Mic!

Thank you, Ill give that a read.

This turned into a your not eating enough, like all weight gaining threads. Was purely curious on rep ranges.

Thank you

• 1 year later...

How much do you weigh?

Joshua Naterman

How old are you, and how active are you? How long are your workouts? And, of course, your weight would help as well.