Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lumpy Creatine. Converted?

Falcon

So Ive opened my old bottle of creatine (it was opened for +-3 monts) and the thing formed into lumps, and its smelling... heavier, but the smell isnt scaring me as much as the lumps when I opened it, after some shaking its powder again, but am I swallowing only creatinine? Or this stuff is still usable?

Quick Start Test Smith

I don't know, Falcon, but in the future you may want to order your creatine from True Protein (if you have not before). It mixes perfectly with water, tea, or a similar substance...

Uh, right now a new school year is starting and I'm outta money, absolutely, so thats not possible for me right now. And Im using german Creapure right now :)

Jaylene Deane

Should be fine! It goes lumpy through exposure to water/humidity in the air. Also settles after a time, becoming solid, sorta like sugar left in a jar for too long. And yeah, you're right, after a while the sour/sharp smell of it gets stronger... Just my experiences. It also seems to have a 'best before' on average of about 2 years. (I asked) I buy mine off bulkpowders.com.au for any of those aussies interested. Can highly recommend them.

Creatine breaks down into creatinine with exposure to moisture. If it smells different something has chemically altered.

Jaylene Deane

Ah, hence the 'You must keep it in an airtight, dark container at all times" Thanks for the wisdom Mr Brady.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.